Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic File name in Reciever CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement:

File server folder will have files like : abc1,abc2,abc3..... We need to pick these files and place in application server folder with same name: abc1,abc2.abc3...

Since PI is only being used to pick and drop file, no ESR is involved .

Can you pls provide suggestions as to how can this be achieved without dynamic configuration code.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use Advanced selection for source file option in sender file channel . As shown in below figure.

Let me know , if u face any issues .

Regards

Hari.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ASMA,

Please check my Filename in both sender and receiver side.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to keep the filename of the sender side in the receiver side you could tick this:

Later to thick the Variable substitution the upper check:

17.    If you want missing message attributes to trigger error messages, select Fail If Adapter-Specific Message Attributes Missing.  

If the indicator is set and the header for adapter-specific message attributes or one of the set attributes is missing from the message, this leads, in asynchronous cases, to a delivery exception in the audit log of the message. In synchronous cases, the sender of the message is notified.

If you do not set the indicator, and message attributes are missing, the adapter accesses information from the adapter configuration.

To evaluate the following attributes in the PI message header, set the corresponding indicators:

• File Name (technical name: FileName)
  • Directory (technical name: Directory)
  • File Type (technical name: FileType)
  • File Encoding (technical name: FileEncoding)

You use FileName as variable.

Example of variable substitution in sameer blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitutio...

Regards.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Please check the below link which will be usefull...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Dynamic+file+name+for+pass-through+scenario

also you can search in sdn you can get more links for this issue.

Regards,

Naveen.