cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan - Satellite systems change hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

Our existing SAP landscape is undergoing two major changes: (1) Oracle to DB2 database migration (2) change of hostname/server. Please note that the system ID (SID) and instances will be the same.

In this landscape, the existing SAP systems are all connected to Solution Manager. 

My questions are:

1) in Solution Manager, how do I make these changes to reflect the change in hostname and the change in DB of the existing satellite systems?

2) what configurations need to be done on the satellite systems (if any)?

We are using SolMan 7.1 and our satellite systems include ECC 6.0, BI 7.0 , PI/XI -- all running on AIX 6.1

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Kris Caldoza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from what Ravi suggest I would also recommend you to perform SLD related steps in

Solman_setup--> System Preparation--> SLD and LMDB related steps.

You can delete the existing SLD and Resynch with the New one.

Check for SLD data suppliers in all the managed systems if they are directed to new SLD.

wait for LMDB synch to finish. You should have all the data in SMSY.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to run Managed System Configuration again for the migration,  please do the following:

1.) After migrating your OS and DB, update the SLD.

2.) Load new SLD data into your LMDB.

3.) A new system with the same SID (might have a weird numbering like SID00000001) will appear in SMSY.  Let's call this new SID for the sake of this example.

4.) Use Technical System Editor to migrate all changes from your old SID to new SID.

5.) Use the Where-Used-List to find where your old SID is being used and then replace it with your new SID.

6.) Delete your old SID.

hope this helps.

Ravi