cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Logon to SAP backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..  i have a questions which is bugging me..  few days ago i created an apps to call a BAPI from the SAP. the BAPI only return the system ID and passed a strings to the back-end. in my first try i used the static coded username and passwords as the SAP login credentials.

then im trying to create a dynamic logon for those apps. is there any way i can do that? (without using the username and password built-in personalization keys) i mean in this case i have to create a new personalization key and bind it to the workflow's text box. so everytime the user execute it the BAPI will called using the username and password which the user entered in the text box.

and is there any way so a personalization key is used by 2 different MBO? in 1 workflow.

NOTE: i already done that one which login dynamicly. but i need to edit the back-end to ask userid and password as input parameter , so i can bind the text box to the personalization key. what im curious is, is there any way to do that without changing the back-end or using the built-in username credentials?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendri,

I think in your scenario, it can be handled using SSO:

Please refer to the blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2012/08/10/how-to-sso-between-s...

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am trying to use built-in personalization keys for basic authentication of web-service

but this gives me transport error i.e setting the default values for it.

Can u tell me how do i do it, so i can proceed further.

Thank you.

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

Looks like you are using WSDL file. I suppose you need to create web service from your BAPI with security asking for user id password. However, to consume web service, you need to give backend credentials manually. I was suggesting a way to directly use SAP Bapi, in which case, it would not ask your for password each time if you configure SSO.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanx for the response.

Now, I am able to consume the web service by setting the default values.

But, there is again an issue coming i.e. when i run the application for the first time, its working correctly for different users(dynamically getting authenticated) but when i close the workflow and again start its not getting authenticated correctly(i.e its not getting the correct username and password) .

Can u pl. help me this of why is it happening like that and provide me with the solution for it.

Regards

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

You have to look for the authorization type of your webservice in SOAMANAGER.

Please refer to this document for help.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0916f53-bff0-2d10-c6bf-ab3b92a18...

To avoid giving user credentials, try opting for  SSO logon ticket method. Refer to page 21 and 22.

or alternatively, hard code the user credentials in WSDL XML file.

Regards

Uday