Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Version error while transporting a request

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

when a change request is forwarded to the transport queue, the queue displays a inconsistent symbol of component version.

when that request is imported it ends with a message IMPORT_NOT_ALLOW ( one of the requests do not match the component version of the target system )

the info says to check the support package levels. But all the support packages are consistent but still the error is displayed.

what should be done and how these inconsistent component version requests can be transported to the production system.

what is needed to be checked in these cases and how to overcome these component version inconsistencies.

br,

mb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But all the support packages are consistent but still the error is displayed.

If you double click on the icon it should tell you what component is inconsistent.

In anycase, if you are sure your request will not be affected by this inconsistency simply tick the "Ignore Invalid Component Version"  under Options

Regards, Juan

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi juan,

can you explain why these component version inconsistencies occur though the support pack levels are same.

also, can you tell me the detailed way of going to the option 'ignore invalid component version' as i didnot find that option.

br,

mb

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain why these component version inconsistencies occur though the support pack levels are same.

I'm not conviced they are the same, even a difference on ST-PI can report the inconsistency

the queue displays a inconsistent symbol of component version

Double click the "symbol" and that will list the inconsistent SP's

can you tell me the detailed way of going to the option 'ignore invalid component version' as i didnot find that option.

STMS_IMPORT -> select a transport  -> Import request -> Options tab

Regards, Juan

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi juan,

thank you so much for your help.

the inconsistency existed as the requests were forwarded from older version sap systems to upgraded systems.

br,

bhupesh

***********************************************************************************************

Topic is closed now.

Answers (0)