cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy created on ECC is not getting the right structure from PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus

Hope I am posting this on the right forum. (By mistake I had posted it on Mentor's forum and that was removed).

I have created a interface on PI (Synchronous) that sends a tracking number from ECC to UPS webserice via PI and returns the shipping info as follows

ECC   <------>       PI      <----->    UPS Webservice

I have tested the scenario in PI by sending the Tracking number from RWB and it is working as epxected by sending the right data.

However, when  a Proxy is created, it gets created but both input and output structures are identical (Both have the request structure rather than having
REQUEST structure for input and RESPONSE structure for output).

To make sure that this is not some cache related issue, I have created everything from scratch (right from creating new namespace on PI side) and still I see the same problem.

Any feedback or comment will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

For an sync scenario you should have one Request and Response messages in your service interface. First check your service interface. As your first message go from ECC to PI to UPS webservice. This message will be Outbound. Now your next message will come in from UPS to PI to ECC. This message will be Inbound.

Now you can generate proxy. Please check whether you have done same steps or not

Regards,
Shradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

And your outbound interface is defined using the right request & response message types Ram?

The RWB test only confirms that everything is fine on the Inbound side, it doesn't validate the outbound side...

Regards, Trevor