cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows offline problem - 2.1.3 MBO based

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working online, it's all good. But when you break the connection the generated code does not try to re connect it again

How to replicate it?  Make sure your ethernet interface is up in the device...IP assigned etc..then break the connection.

No matter what you have in cache interval/sync groups etc.

I've checked this at the socket level and it does not attempt to reconnect. Why?

When the connection is back if you call Synchronize it will start to work normally again.

I've tested on Win32/WinMob 6 Pro or (CE OS 5.2 if you like) same results.

As the delivery date is approaching I had to write a multi threaded application to check the host if it's online or not based on ICMP(I prefer rather than http based check), then attempting to reconnect if it's required. IMHO we are not supposed to do this. This is how we write applications without SUP since SAP online mobile comunication is achievable from 4.7+

Please let me know what I need to do for the generated/standard code deal with this offline problem.

Thank you

Best Regards,
Felipe Spencer Picada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Can you please tell me whether you are using a BAPI from SAP backend or RFC ? Former supports offline updation. But RFC need continuous connection to reflect any changes.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your reply.

In my application here I have MBO using RFC (for postings - operation based-ondemand) I also have MBO based on SQL using DCN.

I understand what your are saying about RFC but when posting offline. IMO it would be a pending operation if it fails.

In my case one simple example is the DCN. When I perform a DCN update/create the data is not pushed into the device. if I break/connect it again.

When working online it's working just fine.

It simply does not attempt to reconnect back on

Regards,

Spencer

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

I agree that you need to use RFC to perform update / Create operations. But this is the only drawback of SUP. Its an offline tool and RFC need online tools like Afaria. So, you can either convert RFC into BAPI and still create an MBO with that BAPI and use it or you can go for other Native online tools.

You can take help of an ABAPer to change the RFC into BAPI. only problem it would cause is, when simultaneously two or more people try to create or update, it will cause conflict error.

Refer these links for more understand on online and offline tools, their advantages and disadvantages.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/mobile/SAP+mobile+Infrastructure

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I'm not sure if you understood my problem.

For now you can forget RFC & SAP.

Please think only with DCN scenario the device needs to receive data anyway.

When I break the connection it should try to reconnect.

Regards,

Spencer

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Please refer this link, it explains solution for your DCN scenario

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01333.0200/doc/html/fre13...

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

As I said, the DCN/MBO is working fine when online.

The problem is when the connection is broken(offline) and it becomes online again. The Sybase API/generated code does not attempt to reconnect to the server again.

Regards,

Felipe

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Refer this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3234018

I can't be of more help than this. Please wait for others suggestions.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for your attention.

As I said DCN is reaching the device and working just fine as long as you are always online.

In real life applications we often loose signal and the API/Generated code should deal with this IMO. It should try to reconnect back on.

I'll wait to see if got any answer otherwise I'll raise a support ticket.

Regards,

Felipe