cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading java-1.4.2-ibm RHEL 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install a SAP system in the RHEL - Red Hat Linux Platform x86_64. Done with the prerequisite things as per the note 1172419 and 1496410. But I am not able to download the required jdk files in the market place or from google.

As per the note : 1496510, I need the below files and this has to be installed before proceeding further in the SAP installation

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 for SAP

• java-1.4.2-ibm-sap-1.4.2.13.12.sap-1jpp.2.el6.x86_64.rpm
  • java-1.4.2-ibm-sap-devel-1.4.2.13.12.sap-1jpp.2.el6.x86_64.rpm

However I am not able to download the required files. If anyone have suggestions to download the files on any place, please let me know.

Note : I dont have YUM configured in the system at the moment and also dont have IBM account to download this required JDK file.

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Can you please check if you find them in the following site?

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swg-ibmjavaisv

Please, follow note 1090932 that explains how to access this site.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ABAP installation mostly SAPJVM will be fine. for JAVA installation however you will meet error since the java parameters used by some installation masters only applicable to IBM JDK.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the parameters you can read,

Note 1603093 - SAP JVM 4.1 parameters NetWeaver 2004 and 7.0

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the java installation will stop halfway everytime it start the java instance with default preinstalled parameters. the instance startup parameters must be changed at least twice during installation (I had them before). And I am not sure this is a good way to proceed. Some documents mention to install it with ibm jdk first & change later to SAP JVM using switch tool provided by SAP.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I actually installed a JAVA instance recently directly using SAPJVM and I did have a problem to start the engine while SAPINST was running but after adjusting the parameters as per the Note via Configtool then engine started without issues.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan/Henry,

IBM JDK or vendor JDK in general is still needed. Reason SAP hasn't still been able to make SAPinst work on SAPJVM.

We can use SAPJVM for running SAP Netweaver but not SAPinst as of now.

This may probably change end of this year (well add 3 months based on experience ) ) ..

Please check OSS note 1689942.

Regards.

Ruchit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can try using SAPJVM instead, it works quite well...

Note 1495160 - SAP JVM as replacement for Partner JDKs 1.4.2

Regards, Juan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not have an account , you need to create an IBM id (Register : https://www.ibm.com/account/profile/us?page=reg) and use the " access key for SAP AQ2QQK45DQ"  to download the required files.

Refer to the SAP note from Blanca.

Regards

Ratnajit