Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to JDBC synchronous scenario

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI  PI mates,

I have a scenario which explained below ,needed some suggestions.

1. while creating Sales order , the order information need to take and pass it to PI, PI will insert the records in SQL database. (Let Orders_table)

2.SQL database will be doing some calculation on the order information will give pricing details in some table( Let Price_table)

3.PI has to pick the pricing details in Price_table and passes the information to RFC(which was called intially as a response message) , RFC saves the Sales Document with pricing details.

So RFC has to wait till it gets the Pricing details from PI.

Please let me know, how can i proceed in this case.  If it is Sync,,i need to look for only one table but here 2 tables are there.

Note: at receiver side , once Database receives order information, with in microseconds it will update the Price_table. 

Please put your ideas on this ..

thank you ...

Regards,

Loordh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allamudi,

As Amit says you can use a synchronouse RFC-JDBC scenario. The PI will wait the end of the stored procedure in the endpoint database. That stored procedure should do all the work, accesin all the requiered tables, etc. When the stored procedure finish, with the corresponding output parameters the PI will recieve that response and will send it to the RFC.

If the RFC is not mandatory i'd rather to use an abap client proxy for the sender side.

Finally you have in these links the follow information:

Step by step to do a Proxy-JDBC scenario: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3813 by (sandeep sharma)

How to call a stored procedure in PI: http://scn.sap.com/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures by Siva Maranani

Note: To acess to Let Orders_table  and Let Price_table seems sequentiall for me, correct me if i am wrong, the stored procedure should work with these two table internally and gives the result finally.

Regards and good luck.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Loordh,

Do you really want to achive your requirement in Sync manner, offcourse it is possible but stability point of view i dont recommend you to go with sync manner.

Because sync interface(statefull trasaction) should complete in within in one minute(by defualt PI wait 3 mnts to get response back from target system) but what if Oracle takes more then 3 mnts to give response?

Are you sure your that trasaction(oracle) completes within 3 mnts?

you no need to worry about pulling data from different tables, simple procedure at data base end will solve.check with DB team they can write stored procedure for your requirement.

devide requirement in two parts and make it async.

Regards,

Raj

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

DB will take some microseconds only. So hope PI will wait for that time.I spoke with DB team,, we are going this approach ..

Once again thanks for all valuable suggestions..

Loordh.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Micro seconds means then no worries go with sync mode, receiver side Stored procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use sync SP and let SP handle this logic at DB level...u pass input and SP will send u the response back. search sdn you will find some articles which talks about sync SP.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

Thanks for your reply.

I need some clarifications.

Will this stored procedure suffice the requirement, because request & response structures are in different tables. How this will run?  Will PI wait till that time for response? How we are going to referer 2 tables in PI?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Loordh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, SP will help you. That's the purpose of SP to perform multiple opeartions on one or more table and sends the response back (in case of sync scenarios). Ask ur DB team it's a knid of regular job for them...

Thanks

AMit Srivastava