Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to let a job pause

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've a question to job-management.

I created a FTP-job which downloads files.

This job should run every day all half an hour - this runs well.

But now I've an requirement, that the job should not run from 10 p.m until 6 a.m.

Is there a possibility in SM37 /SM36 to pause a job?

Thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not very sure , the way you want to handle the job .But in SM37 , you can capture an active job . You can try this option and see . But if a job triggers an external program , this option may not work. I have not experienced this , but my intention is to throw some light .

Do you let us know if you could discover something .

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jan-erik_lovlie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

An external job scheduler can be used to schedule a job to run periodically (every half hour) and prevent it from running between certain times without using any resources on the SAP system(s).

Check out:

http://ecohub.sap.com/software

and search for "job scheduler"

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan-Erik,

thank you for your post.

Before using an third-party software, I will try to implement in our z-reports a scheduling-option.

Also a possibility should be, to create a small report, in which selection we can enter a time-range.

If the report will not be executed in time-range, it should abort.

And this report should be planned in as step, before the step the "real" job is planned.

So if the job is not executed in time-range (which we have to enter in the report) the job aborts and the second step (real job) will not be executed.

I hope you know what I mean.

Thank you very much for help.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Theres no SAP standard way to schedule one job to produce that sort of behaviour, you could create multiple periodical jobs or simply ask your abaper to write some code to achieve that.

Regards, Juan