Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner function error in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

We have a case like following:

1. there is no partner function PE (personnel) assigned in sales order.

2. there is PE assigned in customer (sold-to-party), however then PE is deleted after.

3. created delivery from sales order

Error message: parnter PE doesn't exsit in sales order each items. (we know we can update another correct PE on the customer partner data)

The questions is that per my understanding the partner source for delivery should just from sales order, so why this error happen?

Is there any toggle to off this re-determination partner in delivery creation?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go to va02 , check the incomplete log ,  here check partner data will pending ,

normally  partner data will copy to order to delivery depending on copy controls ,

check the VOPAN  , here sale order item partner at PE partner function activate the mandatory function , and also check the delivery partner PE is mandatory check or not .

partner function will copy at sale order level only , like in sale order level sp,sh,bp,py,, but delivery level you can see only sp, sh , here sp, sh data will copy the as sale order sp,sh data only, any delivery partner data reference is sale order partner data.

but some time like job work process,  here at delivery level add the another partner VN -vendor partner data is required , but this partner function not required in sale order level , it this VN only required only delivery , on that time this function can assign the delivery partner procedure only, after you can assign the VN partner number at delivery level as manual ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

PE Partner information is stored in master data tables.

In the Sales order and Delivery it will only store the PE Partner number.  Even PE Partner name in the delivery, ti will read from the master data table.

As you are saying that the master data has been deleted,

During Delivery processing, it is trying to read the information from the master data and it is giving error message

Every time you process the delivery document it will try to read this information from master data and it will give error message.

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Thanks for your input.

Not, there is no PE assigned in sales order.

And also in following delivery, there is no PE also.

But if we don't correct the PE in customer master data which has been deleted, then the delivery would not be created with error message that PE dones't no exsit in item XXX of SO XXX.

That's why it confuse me.

SO let me clarrify the questions as follow if not clear?

Is any place to toggle the delivery to re-check the partner function determination? As i understand, the delivery partner should just copy from sales order ,should not check the customer master again.