cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to configure Early Watch Alert in Solution Manager 4.0.

When i try to create a periodic request session data, It is created for early watch alert and not for EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager.

And when i try to call from solution manager4 solution_manager->solution->Early Watch Alert then i get the following error.

The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Raguraman and Annett Michel.

To Raguraman

I have created solution for Solution Manager and i have assigned the logical component also. But EWA is not working. I am getting the same error as mentioned above.

To Annett Michel

I even followed all the steps given in spro. and assigned the roles also. But still it is not working.

Please help me.

Sriram.S

annett_michel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you also go through all the basic settings beforehand? And could you activate the SDCC of your Satellite from the Solution Manager Admin Tool for SDCCN? And did you set your Solution Manager as Master? And did you follow all the step to actually create a new EWA manually, it's the best way to check. This is described in the online documentation for EWA: Got to:

Solution Monitoring -> SAP EarlyWatch Alert -> Download manually.

Best regards,

Annett

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, i'm no expert on this, but...

1] Go to tcode: SDCCN

2] You see 2 tasks to do. Maintenance Package and Service preparation check.

3] Select Maintenance Package, in the menu Edit -> start now

4] A new task is created with a session number

5] Select the new task, in the menu Edit -> start now (this will take a few minutes).

6] Now go to dswp, select your solution and see EarlyWatch Alert reports.

7] You probably have to click on create report or something like that.

I think this problem will solve itself, because it's a job which hasn't been started yet.

Because the job hasn't started, the session does not yet exist, which will result in an error overdue.

Some more information: http://help.sap.com//saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/6e/6135418ac8d92be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

annett_michel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

have you configured your SolMan via IMG (SPRO)? In the basic settings you find all necessary steps (information and prerequistites for activating SDCCN) on how to configure SDCCN in SolMan and accordingly EWA.

The role you need in the Satellite is SAP_SDCCN_ADMIN.

Best regards,

Annett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Raghu.

I Have both files with me and i followed the same procedure. But the problem is not resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sriram,

In the error message u have posted i think lack of Auth for the user can cause the issue. I hope S_SDCC_ADMIN and S_SDCC_ADM_N profiles have been assigned to this user so that he is the SDCCN admin auth successfully.

Check this and let me know if it helped you,

VBr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Check this blog..

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/23/sdcc--service-data-control-center-configuration-guide-for-dummies

It contains the SDCCN activation procedure in detail... Also the set up is described below via a Sim file..

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006936042005E.simHope it helps

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the RFC destination at your satellite system. It should point to Solution Manager.

Go to SDCCN GoTO--> Settings --> Task Specific --> Check RFC Destinations.

If RFC destination is correct. Then try for Remote logon from SM59.

This should solve your problem.

Feel Free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC Destination is also working... is there anything to configure in Solution Manager?

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you create a Solution for Solution Manager itself? Just create it. may help you

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu