Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping the processing of Idoc at PI level

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have query on Idoc to Idoc scenario these are standard idoc's i am using there are two non mandatory fields on the receiver idoc side and we are making use of it for price calucalations.
My business wants the idoc processing should be stopped at PI level when null value comes or some unexpected value.
Is there is any way in stopping the idoc from getting processed at PI level itself .Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance

Prathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hiteshwarsaggu
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

You can use the decisive field as context object and use that in receiver determination tab. Accordingly the message would fail in PI if null value received.

Regards,

Hiteshwar

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your requirement is throwing an error message/just wanna supress message in PI then you can write a condition in receiver determination to check the value is NULL  or other value based on that you continuew process or stop.

But the best design is supress records at ECC level before seding an IDoc to PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its preferred to stop at the IDoc generation level rather than at PI level..

though you can put a condition at PI level and can ignore the message at the receiver determination level..

but the status of the message will result in failure...and creates unnecessary chaos..

HTH

Rajesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suggestion is to validate and stop at your source side instead of doing it in PI...

Rgds,

Naveen.

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Naveen and Rajesh, its better to validate at source side. Is  there any reason that you want to fail the IDOC in PI?

Thanks
S