cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC XBAR-R Subgroup

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas on how to plot points with each of them having different subgroup?

Example:

Point 1 : 10, 9, 10                      (9)

Point 2 : 10, 7, 10, 8, 10           (9)

Display template has a fixed subgroup, I can assign either 3 or 5. Any alternatives?

Thanks

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the subgroup is numeric and not conditional to the data, one thing you could consider would be to precondition your data quary results into single records per subgroup.  If this is coming from a database, doing the average and group by should be easy enough in your query.  If you returned 2 records from your example above, one for each point, but returned an additional string field containing the array of subgroup values, mapping this into the AttributeColumns of your chart would allow this to be used in the mouse tracking or appear in the right click menus (and of course be accessible for javascript) for anyone wanting to see the raw values.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jeremy for the suggestion...

I have inserted blank rows to the dataset which doesnt have enough records and it works good for the Range chart as well. With the blank row option the subgroup might have few data points as NA which is ok.

I am trying to access the SPC data in order to set the subgroup via JavaScript using setSubgroupSize().

The following didnt work to retrieve data..

document.SPCChart.getChartObject().getUpperAttributeValueAt(1,1);

document.SPCChart.getChartObject().getUpperAttributeAt(1, "VALUE");

Any ideas..

Thank you

Ajay

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific on how you mapped your display template?

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jeremy .. Its solved I was using CreationEvent instead of UpdateEvent in the applet tag.

Thanks

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am going to try with blank rows and see if it works. Any other options is appreciated