cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM integration with Windchill PLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a scenario to integrate SAP MDM system with Windchill PLM system. Can someone explain how it will be integrated with non SAP system Windchill PLM ? can we use PI or non SAP integration tool like webmethods will work ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Generally speaking, you should not have any problem while integrating MDM system with your non- SAP system. You should be able to use PI system easily. It would be two interfaces : one for data flow from Windchill to MDM and other in opposite direction.

PI system would take care of converting data in suitable formats to enable easy data flow between these two systems.

So you can definitely do it using PI system. I am not aware of other non-sap tool mentioned by you. you can explore possibilities with that as well and use the most suitable option. I hop this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to support the scenario you can take also a look into the windchill interface of MHP called WIISAP. It is based in PI and should be able to support the process.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush and Ravi for your reply.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

To decide on interface one should find about formats supported by source and target systems,degree of transformation required,data volume o be supported and integration type supported i.e. synchronous/asynchronous integration.

As the above post rightly says PI should be handle this but finding the above would provide you a clearer picture on this.

Thanks,

Ravi