cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Goods Issue in Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to block goods issue once picking is completed for Export scenario. Compliance wants to verify that delivery and materials give a headsup.

I am crossed roads as I cant find a block in Delivery to stop PGI.

Can anyone suggest, how to block PGI after picking is completed till we change some block status?

Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekkar,

You need to first create a delivery block with Goods issue checked,  then assign the block to your delivery type.

Step 1: Go to SPRO --> IMG --> LE --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define reasons for blocking in Shipping --> Deliveries: Blocking reasons/ Criteria. Here you create a new delivery block reason with a check on Goods issue.

Step 2: Next assign the blocking reason to your Delivery type:

SPRO --> IMG --> LE --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define reasons for blocking in Shipping --> Delivery Blocks

Since you wish to block PGI but allow the delivery and picking, you need to assign Delivery block at the Delivery header level under Administration, while creating the delivery document, and save the document.

Now, while doing PGI, it would give you an error "Goods issue from delivery not possible due to block".

Only when the Delivery block is removed from the delivery document, will it allow to proceed with the PGI.

Pls. check and provide feedback.

- Wilson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

This is very SAP standard practice and unique..

kindly assign block as "Credit limit" in delivery =header=administration tab.

That will not allow PGI of delivery.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. We have a common delivery type few scenarios, in which one of the scenario is Export.

For this scenario we need to block the PGI in delivery. Since this is a common delivery type, we will not be able to assign a block in Delivery type config.

I guess we will need to use an exit to populate a delivery block in Delivery header > Admin if certain condition gets satisfied ? How about this?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra,

Please find below discussion , it`s very similar to your requirement. Hope it will give you clear clarification and solution for your issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3219711

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't answer my question as I mentioned earlier the delivery type is commonly used, so only based on certain conditions the block should be populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

It is better to consult your ABAPer then discuss the complete requirement with him with including all conditions, crieterias etc. they do the development for you.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekkar,

You are right. Since you need an automatic PGI block based on certain conditions you need to get it done by your ABAPer, as only manual block is possible during delivery.

Regards,

Wilson Saldanha

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandrasekhar,

Yes. You will have to insert a ABAP code in User Exit for Blocking the Export Delivery for PGI.

As you have a common Delivery Type & you need PGI Block only in case of Export, you will have to mention  this condirion in User Exit.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that the Delivery header can be blocked through exit/BADI, I have a similar scenario for PO.

Certain materials relevant for Export will be flagged in material master as compliance check needed. When a PO is delivered, it should block the material in the line item of the delivery. The rest of the items should remain unaffected. Compliance will be clear the material once they are satisfied with export control requirements.

If we can do this control in PO line item, that should also be fine. But the user should not have authorization to release the block.

Have anyone faced this scenario?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear narayan

At which point you will differentiate normal delivery and export delivery which you want to block if certain condition fulfills? Tell this to your ABAPER and ask him to write this logic in following user exit MV50AFZ1. I am also using this user exit to meet some customized requirements

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chanrasekhar,

Go to OVLS create a delivery blocking reason

Take any extra field

Example  in delivery - Bill of lading ( LIKP- BOLNR)

then go to incompletion's procedure G in delivery header add this field once its done then only it will process further any doubt let me know further

Regards

Ramesh