cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope in SAP SD Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having 9 years of experience in Sales of Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices,Now i am planning to change the profession so one of good suggestion i got is to do SAP SD certification to become SD Functional Consultant, I never worked on SAP and do not have any exposure in SAP. Kindly suggest it will be good for me go for SAP SD to built by carrier.

Regards

Amogh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amogh,

I saw your vast sales experience ,its a good decision to enter in SAP SD.

What i suggest is to write the SD Certification atleast to will have the gatepass to enter in the SAP industry(but don't leave your current job,untill you get SAP job),but after doing the SAP certification also you will be considered as a fresher only(don't expect very high pay pacakage at first level only).

Hope i answer your doubts.

Regards,

Ravinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravinder,

Thanks for your reply, it is really helpful for me,I know i will get very low package as compared to what i am getting in my current Job and i am OK with this also but i want to know being a fresher in SAP will i get my first job easily after completion of Certification and what is the scope in India for SAP SD Functional. Most of the people suggested that getting first Job in SAP is very difficult but once you get entry there will be tremendous Growth in very less time. 

Regards

Amogh Patwardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amogh,

Offcource its not easy to spread your hands in new technology what you have learnt just now.But there are some clients which always look for people having domain experience + sap Certified.for that you need to keep track of job sites on regular base,and SAP SD got really good scope, whatever u learn in SAP it all got good scope.

My suggestion is atleast take your first step and don't think negative.

Regards,

Ravinder Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certification may not give you any definite job. If you closely observe the forum, many people with Certification are struggling for job. Please do not make any hasty decision of leaving your current job and jump for certification.

If you are looking for certification, the following thread may be handy:

However, you should know the reality.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply, i want to know considering my 9 years experience should i go for SAP SD or my experience will not play any significant role if i go for carrier in SAP.

Regards

Amogh Patwardhan

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amogh,

Everybody started like that only. Before knowing or working on SAP, everybody is a fresher including me. Over the years of continuous dedication and practice the skills would be developed. It is also required to enhance the reading skills. SD is a good module to have. Once you have few years of experience in SD, you can extend yourself to CRM. You should not leave your current job, until you get into SAP. You may have to try in parallel until you get a new job.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi