cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI JAVA MAC 7.20 HOW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

I have problems configuring SAP GUI JAVA for MAC 7.20.

I have tried several things and read several threats, but i am still confused how to configure it and a lot of errors come up.

The information that i am provided with (i have been informed that it is a group server):

Description:                 Aarhus School of Business

Application Server:     r11z

System Number:          11

System-ID:                   R11

SAP-Router String:      /H/remote.hcc.uni-magdeburg.de/S/3299/H/

SAP Router String is given to you when activation IP address using:  http://remote.hcc.uni-magdeburg.de/index_en.html.

But the problem is that i CANT type this information in my MAC/JAVA version, and I am not sure about how to type the information in the Expert mode. I hope that you can guide me:

I have MAC OS X version 10.6.8, 2,4GHZ intel core 2 Dou

Sincerely Bertan Korkusuz

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to SAP Community for answers. Please post your question as a new question here:

Since you're new in asking questions here, check out our tutorial about asking and answering questions (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions more effectively, that draw responses from our members.

Please note, that your post here won't be answered.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to set this up directly through the SAPgui interface. You need to create a separate file containing the login details, and reference this file in the preferences, in the "Configuration/Logon" section. Lines in the file are in this format:

Description : conn=/H/appserver/S/3200/

In your case you would, I think, use:

Aarhus School of Business : conn=/H/remote.hcc.uni-magdeburg.de/S/3299/H/rz11/S/3211

This lives in a file either on your local Mac and referenced in the preferences via the full pathname - /Users/user/Documents/sapgui.ini - or it can live on a web server somewhere and referenced via a URL. This latter only makes sense if you have lots of Mac users to set up.

Does that make sense? This works for me.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It makes a little sense yes. I understand the format that i should write it in my case, but which type of document should i create? A .txt? I guess that .ini files is not possible on MAC or am i wrong? Furthermore what should i call it? And should i store the created file in my case: /Users/bertankorkusuz/Library/Preferences/SAP? Should i write the format both in my new created file and in the expert mode?

Bertan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It needs to be a text file (create it with TextEdit), but I don't think the location, name or extension matter. Mine is called "platin.ini", from the days when JavaGui was called the "PLATform INdependent" gui, and I store it in my Documents folder.

Now that I try it, you can indeed put the connection string in the Advanced tab in expert mode, and the entry is persistent - they are stored in /Users/user/Library/Preferences/SAP/connections. Entries created this way are merged with those from the config file.

So, it seems to can ignore the config file if you prefer. I hadn't realised that - thank you for making me try it, and learning something new

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it works!!

Thank you very much! The connection string on the expert mode was the answer. It didn't work the first time but this was because you typed rz11 instead of r11z

To sum it up:  You can ignore the config file and just type it directly in the connection string in expert mode.

Bertan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops. Sorry. I should have used copy & paste, but it was such a short string I thought re-typing would be quicker. It was, but more error-prone too

Glad it works now!

Steve.

Answers (0)