Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: 'SAPHOST' not found: getaddrinfo [ninti.c 895]

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are getting these messages in our system log for multiple old systems. (aka we no longer have these systems/host's)

I've checked in SMSY, LMDB, if we had connectivity monitoring set up and i can't find the host's. I've gone thru all the work centers, but i can't find a reference to those entries. Since the hosts don't exist anymore, i can't add them to the host file.

We are running SolMan 7.1 sp5. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found the answer in http://scn.sap.com/thread/1201015 , we had entries buried in ccms availability monitoring.

Thanks all for your responses

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member214380
Participant
0 Kudos

Last post was long ago, but maybe my input will help some searchers in the future: We were facing the same issue on a TST system. In SM21 there were messages "Operating system call getaddrinfo failed (error no. 0 )".

By diving down into the corresponding DWP #9 at the specific time there were more details: "***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: '<HOSTNAME>_off_<USERNAME>' not found: getaddrinfo [ninti.c 897]"

Solution: At some point we were checking the SM59 and there we found some ABAP-RFCs that were manually manipulated. Deleting them or respectively renaming them fixed the issue.

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found the answer in http://scn.sap.com/thread/1201015 , we had entries buried in ccms availability monitoring.

Thanks all for your responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to determine what programs produce these errors. May be you have CCMS configured to old systems. Also check RFC connections.

Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I am not sure what exactly is the issue you are facing. Can you please make it more clear?

Best Regards

Saurabh

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

We are getting the message above in our system log. Each entry in the system log, is an old system. (no longer used)

Cheers,
Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

These might be old logs.

Try to clear the logs and then restart the system.

Check if you are still getting these logs.

Best Regards
Saurabh

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the response. But they are not old logs. They re-occur every 5 or 10 mins.

There are no background jobs that are running each time we get the system log messages. (there are jobs running, but not the same job when the message occurs)

Cheers,
Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can clear hostname buffer, check your etc/hosts files for old IP address server, do a manual SYNC on LMDB.

We encountered similar issue before.

Regards,    

chris_johnson3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

Thanks for responding, Clearing the hostname buffer didn't work.

Cheers,
Chris