cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent rule based on user group not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made a agent route and wanted to evaluate the approvers based on User group assigned in access request.  I have used decision table to evaluate user group. I have selected user_group column from request header and assigned the below condition:

User group                    Line_Item_key                    User Id:

--------------                    -------------------                    ----------

=Super                              ITEMNUM                         USER1

<>Super                            ITEMNUM                         USER2

saved and activate the rule.

Every time I submit a request in ARM, it chooses the "<>Super" condition and request goes to "USER2" for approval. Is Spite of choosing "Super" as user group in ARM request system details it still goes to'USER2" . Condition 1 "=Super" never gets evaluated. It seems the user group is not evaluated at all.

Is there something that I am missing or is there any other settings that need to be done to get the desired output.? Does any one faced such scenarios?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From where did you select the user group? check the below note to have User group added to the GRAC_S_REQUEST_RULE_LINE, which will then evaluate the correct user group you are looking for.

Note 1755092 - UAM: User group field not available in msmp rule structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudan,

thanks for your reply...

Initially I was using the user group from GRAC_S_REQUEST_RULE_HEADER and condition was not met.

As per the note 17755092, I have manually entered the "user group" component into data type GRAC_S_REQUEST_RULE_LINE and then I tried using line item user group but still the situation is same. The condition is not getting evaluated and every time "<> (not equal to)" condition gets triggered. I tried using "user group" from header item, Line item and even both together but no luck.

Any idea what I am missing or any other setting need to be done.

Currently I am on SP 09. Do I need to upgrade my system to SP 10.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

Regards,

Amit