cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of data archive from one content repository to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been archiving data for years using archive link connected to Commonstore. We have around 4 TB of data and want to move the archive data from Commonstore to OpenText.

We tried using the report-ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES(SAP Note 1043676) but that migrates only the documents and not the data archives.

We even tried to retrieve the archive data files using SARA-->Retrive option, we are able to retrive the archive data files, but not sure how to upload these files into OpenText.

Please advise if there is a report to migrate Data Archive from one content repository to another.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

You can try retrieving all the files from Common store back into SAP exchnage directory.

Set up a new repository on the OT environment and update the AO settings with the new repository for storage into OT.  Execute the storage jobs .

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

At my previous job, we migrated our data archive files from Commonstore to Open Text.  The program we used to do this was provided by Open Text. 

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

I was doing some testing with the Fucntion Module- SCMS_AO_COPY and looks like it was able to copy the data archive files from old repository(commonstore) to new repository(OpenText) and generated a new Document id.

But the next question is how do we update the archive reference to use the new repository and new document id.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, good morning, did you have an answer for this?

I am facing the same problem, i am migrating between repositories, but i don't know how to update the information in the SAP document so it can now point to the new repository and file

i will really appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to manually update the table entries. Be careful when you use this approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI adrian,

can you please tell the type of repository you are using whether is archivelink or DMS

you can find in tx- oac0 in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Report RSIRPIRL can be used for all Content Server vendors and will

move documents from Content Server to another. Please try this

report to migrate the documents.

Best regards

Ruby.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruby - this answer is not correct.  Report RSIRPIRL is used to move contents of documents that are managed by KPro to another folder.  See oss note 389366.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson