cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Inspection Lot Assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We created a PO and created two GR's against the PO. For the first GR, no inspection lot is created and for the Second GR, a inspection lot is created. Both the GR's has the same material document number. Inspection setup is set for the material and its working fine till now, but all of a sudden incase of multiple GR's, some are posted to QI stock and linked with inspection lot while the others has got no link with inspection lot.

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need more info.  It's not the Q-info record as that would able to both of your receipts.

If you did two receipts you don't say if these are two different batches or not or if this is even a batch managed material.  You also don't indicate if the stock went to QI in both cases, (which would be really weird).

So I am assuming you did a receipt of two different batches of the same material. (otherwise why make two receipts?).

My guess is if you look at the setting "control insp. lot" in the 01 inspection type setup for this material u will find I is setup as "material, batch, storage location".  If so, then the first receipt was done for a batch you had already receipted to inventory and so no QI inspection was required.  The second batch was a new batch and as such, was sent to QI for inspection.

If you want ALL receipts to go to QI, change the setting to "each material document, material, batch, storage location"

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The material is not batch managed. I think the stock went to QI in both cases, in the first GR item - the stock went to QI and stayed there (no inspection lot is created). In the second GR item - the stock went to QI (inspection lot is created), UD is done and moved to unrestricted stock.

The Control Insp.lot is set as "For each material document item".

I still don't understand why the system is skipping the first GR item and taking the rest of the GR items in the same material document. (For eg: if there are 4 GR items within a same material document, system is not creating a inspection lot for the first GR item and creating inspection lot for the rest and moving smoothly).

Please let me know if you need further info.

Thanks,

Satya

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction SMOD > enhancement "QAAT0001" > select "Components" > "Display"

Double click the function module "EXIT_SAPLQAAT_002" > double click inclue "ZXQAAU01"

Is there any logic?

If you don't have authorization, please ask to IT department.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

The include ZXQAAU01 does not exist at all. Let me know how to proceed.

Satya

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To make sure...

1. Enhancement QAAT0001 : nothing implemented

2. Status GR doc. in material document : 1 (insp. lot assigned)

3. When you click "insp.lot" button : "no inspection lot assigned" messege shown

If above are correct, it could be SAP product error.

Please refer SAP note 48815 (possible inconsistency between MM and QM).

Please report this error to SAP support portal.

Regard, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I just have one more doubt does it have anything to do with Control Insp.Lot ?

Currently it is set as "For each material document item".

I would like to reiterate that the material is not batch managed.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Did you check if there is any DMR set up made and assigned to Inspection plan ?

2. Check the Material Master change log..It is possible someone would have changed the QM setting after the first recipt to trigger lots.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

DMR is set up and assigned to inspection plan. The issue is when there are multiple GR items in a single material document, the system is not creating a inspection lot for first GR item. When there is only one GR item in a material document, it is working smoothly.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Satya

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"For each material document item" for indicator of insp. lot control.

That's why I assumed this issue could be SAP product error.

1.Whatever the lot level was skipped or not, SAP should generate every inspection lot for all material document item.

2.Using customer exit.. we can interrupt generating inspection lot. But you told me there is nothing.

3.If you defined "no inspection" in quality info. record, the status GR doc. should be "4". But your case was "1". This means you don't use quality info. record.

Regards, DoWook KIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

You are correct. There are no customer exit and no quality info record is maintained. Will contact SAP regarding this issue.

Thank you for all your inputs. I learned a lot from you guys.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

I am following you thread for some time. Can you please let me know if you have any update on this issue from SAP.

I am having the same issue. On simulating the same in quality system, every thing is normal, but in production system the, no inspection lot is getting created but stock is moving to quality.

Please let me any if you have any updates.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing as of now vivek

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I think u have maintain Q-info record (QI01) in Material vendor combination, in QI01--> Inspection control tap--> Inspection control as "X No inspection".

That's why some materials stocks are moving to QI and some or not.

Please check.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanumath,

If we set the inspection control as "No Inspection", then there will be no inspection for the stock received from that particular vendor. I didn't get your point, pls shed me more light how by maintaining the info record i can avoid this issue.

Thanks!

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Satya,

As i said Quality info record is used in Material, vendor & plant combination to evaluate & blocking the vendor with specific QTY /time. All  these setting is necessary when u have activated the Qm procurement key in Material master.

Please see the thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1354913