cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptations in MDGS FPM OVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are implementing MDGS in EHP6, facing problem with adding adaptation delete and block for supplier in custom WD application configuration. when i'm trying to add in custom application configuration its asking access key.

Is it possible to add without access key in custom application configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just encountered the same problem. Fortunately there's an easy solution:

Enter the base configuration in the normal way (no enhancement, no customising).

When adding your own adaptations, you just need to specify a namespace e.g. 'Z'. Then you should not be asked for an object key.

Roger

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also see SAP Note 1899263

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was also facing same problem while adding a new UIBB in the least and every time i got a pop screen for providing the Object Access Key.But i got another solution to come out of this problem,for that You can enhance the your existing UI and add your own UIBB in the list.

Thanks and Regards,

T.Biren Kumar Patro

karthik_sub
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a case where when i plan to choose the adaptation , system goes for an error stating that " Component configuration ZMDGC......does not exist of message swdp_Configuration of no 110 .

Issue is , Im not able to delete the adaptation in UI or change it.

Is there an option to solve the error or delete it.

As the system is not allowing me , im not able to add the custom form uibb which i have created and feed to adaptation which is existing.

Regards,

KArthik S

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

simply cancel the pop-up asking for the access key. UI should proceed into the related configuration where you may add your CBA w/o the need of an access key.

BEst regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Thanks for reply,

I added custom CBA with new schema which i have created in SM34 FPM_VC_ADAPT_SCHEMA. but still its not allowing to add adaptations without access key..

Regards:

Suresh

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

why didn't you follow my recommendation? Did you try this? Asking for the access key is a common behaviour of the system if you would like to change the SAP delivered configuration. Since you do not want to do this, cancel the pop-up which will navigate to the OVP in display mode so that you now can add your CBA.

Best regards

Michael

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am facing the same problem. I followed your suggestion but still without access key Adaption is not added. I am not able to add BS_MAT adaptations. when I click on Add and give details, it is asking for access key. I tried copying the configuration through deep copy and tried adding adaptation but still it is asking for access key.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks and regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

First check with your BASIS team whether your user has normal developer access.

Note: Check whether you can create a normal report in se38.

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developer access.

System is prompting for Object access key but not for user access key.

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Have you tried to cancel the message pop-up and continue.

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I click cancel, no adaption is created. Were you able to create a adaption in MDG? If yes could you please explain in which application configurations and component configurations you created the adaption. That may work for me.

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

I have used it when extending MM to plant entity as explained here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31869

Also check this doc:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30192

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the same procedure. but it is asking access key for the same object mentioned in the document.

Below is the issue I am facing

Below is the screenshot from the document :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31869

Object name is same but it is asking object access key for me.

Could somebody please let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

0 Kudos

Hi Goutham.

If you wish to implement something new you have to create new copy of object (component or application) which must be yours (where name begins from Z or Y) then you don't need to activate any object which is delivered by BC or BADi for modification. Of course you have to be developer but with own key and without key to standard objects. Create copy from template of the necessary component to get your own (there are such possibility because objects MDG are based on ABAP Web Dynpro FPM).

Also, don't forget that it could be useful as well:

Go to your own profile when you are logged into SAP GUI. To do it use the next path of your menu operations:

System -> User Profile -> Own Data -> Parameters

You have to add the next parameter to let you start to be like FPM Configuration Expert:

Name parameter

Parameter Value

FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT

A

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried the deep copy option but still object access key window is popping up. I clicked on deep copy option in additional functions of BS_MAT_OVP_LAYOUT and I made a deep copy of the Configurations in FPM hierarchy with Z00 as prefix. But with this configuration also I am not able to create context based adaptions.

I also added the parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT, but problem is not with user access, so issue is not resolved.

Could somebody please suggest any other solution.

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham / Suresh,

Please let me know if your issue is resolved. Because I am having the same issue. If it is resolved please let me know the procedure.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

M.Ramana Murthy.

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Issue did not get resolved. But there is other way to approach this, if you want UI based on workflow step.

In process modelling -> Change requests -> Configure Properties of Change Request Step we have User Interface per Change Request Step. Using this we can assign UI per change request step. You have to do deep copy of the orginal configuration as below and assign these to the CR step.

Use the application configuration BS_MAT_OVP of the Web Dynpro Application MDG_BS_MAT_OVP as a template for the creation of your UI configuration:

1. Select this in SE80 in package MDG_BS_MAT_UI in folder Web Dynpro/Web Dynpro Application.

2. Start the configurator for BS_MAT_OVP and click on Continue in Display Mode.

3. Click on the configuration BS_MAT_OVP_LAYOUT.

4. There, go to Additional Functions/Deep Copy. Click on Expand Configurable Components.

a. You should name all your target UI configurations with prefix Z##_.

b. Uncheck all elements you want to reuse (not copy)

5. Click on Start Deep-Copy.

6. Navigate to your application configuration Z##_ BS_MAT_OVP*.

7. Then click on your OVP configuration Z##_ BS_MAT_OVP_LAYOUT*.

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautham,

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

M.Ramana Murthy.