cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock/Unlock a Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to lock one Project with Multiple WBS elements, can i lock multiple WBS elements for one project in one go??

Question 2 - By mistake my user has released the project, resulting in multiple Reservations, further resulting in PR's after MRP run. Now if i want in next MRP run system should not consider Material reservations of this project what needs to be done?

Regards,

jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can lock go through the after selecting all wbss edit > status > Lock set

Regards,
Sanjeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Whenever MRP executed system considers relased projects. The best option would be set the DLFL flag on the Project so that it will not be considered in next or any future MRP exeuction. Note that you can reverse the DLFL status whenever you wnated it back.

Checking final issue check is not an option to be considered here because it defaults when PGI performed finally.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thank you for the update, But is flaging the Project defination sufficient so that the materials assigned to any activity to of this project is not considered in next MRP run.??

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatindar,

If you set DLFL at PD level which transfer the status to lower level objects. This will take care of your requirement.

However at the time of reversal you need to perform individually selecting each object because it not transferable to lower level when done at higher levels.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

can i lock multiple WBS elements for one project in one go??

Yes ! You can. Process is:

select PD->(Right hand side)WBS element overview(It will show all the WBS assigned under the PD->select all those "to be locked" WBS)->Status ->Lock.

if i want in next MRP run system should not consider Material reservations of this project what needs to be done?

Jatinder, I am not very sure of it, But, You can try the way as:

Select Material->Proc. param tab->tick the check box for "Final Issue"

Check the 2nd issue in your testing client and let us know if it worked.

Regards

Amkur

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you lock the activity for account assignment only

System assume those activities are locked for financial posting not for logistic posting.

Regards,

Sanjeev