cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Adobe Interactive Form onto A5 Zebra Label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have an issue where we are trying to print a label, defined in SFP using the interactive forms, on a Zebra Printer.

The form is defined as an A5 landsape.  The labels in the Zebra are presented in a portrait format (as they leave the printer) and the label is being printed so that the landscape is not being rotated to fit the label, but instead being printed at the top in portrait (and the right hand side being omitted).

Has anyone managed to get this working? Could anyone provide guidance on this?

We are using the Zebra Printer Device Type AZPL203.

Thanks in advance,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We implemented around 15 different adobe labels for Zebra devices using exactly the same device type so far. In the beginning we encountered exactly the same issue.

We even print extreme landscape formats, such as height 8mm, width 114mm.

The question is:

Do you really want to print landscape out of your printer, or is it actually portrait you want to print out of your device and only the paper seems to be lansdcape, since the height of the label is smaller than the width.

In this case you'll have to print portrait instead of landscape, because else your device will rotate the letters on the label.

So if you print portrait on a label that appears to be landscape from its measures, this is exactly what we do:

Set up you're form's master page to be portrait, custom paper type of course. Set the width of your custom paper to your labels width. And now most important: set the height of your paper type to at least 1 mm more than its width. Else it will automatically turn to landscape, which again rotates the print out.

Now in you adobe designer, the form seems to have the wrong format, because it's almost a square. But don't care about that. Just fill the upper half of the design with your controls.

regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for that!

What we actually found was that the landscape conversion was not occuring correctly, and the label length was incorrect and the starting positions were incorrect (we checked the ZPL output).

Strangely, however, we found that by changing it to custom size (no other changes necessary - the numbers still the same as A5) the printing worked absolutely fine, placing everything where we expected!

So we're not sure about why this worked, but I would like to know whether anyone else has faced the same issue? 

Thank you for your comments, they have been really helpful, and if we meet that situation we will follow your guidance on that.

Thanks!

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Head_CCC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have 100% the same situation today.

My workaround so far.

Design in landscape then I switch the format to portrait and the printout works correctly even in SP01 it looks cutted.

dirty but worky

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard,

As I mentioned earlier, we found that suddenly it worked when we changed the label to custom rather than the A5 setting... not sure why this would work, as we used the same dimensions. Could you let me know if that also helps resolve the issue you faced?

David