cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Duration and Duration (Processing time) of an Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noticed a strange system ehaviour for few of the NWP/Activities for the project i created.

When i select an activity in CJ20N --> Right half of the screen ---> In the INTERNAL TAB I see normal duration is 4 days --> But in the DATE TAB i see the Duration as 0 Days??

I want to know in what scenario can the normal Duration on INTERNAL TAB for an activity and the Duratrion in DATES tab for the same activity be different?

Also what is the difference in NORMAL DURATION and duration of an activity.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Normal Duration(Internal tab): It is the total time required by the activity in its completion from the start of that activity till its finish in Real Time Scenario.And, it is a Static Value.

Durat(dates tab): it is a Dynamic value . It is the time needed to process a material in an operation.

The processing time is dependent on the order quantity,and does not contain a setup or teardown time.  It is part of the execution time.

Master Data (CRM-MD)

Time that must pass or have passed

o   After an appointment of the relevant appointment

rule has taken place

o   Before an appointment of the relevant appointment

rule can take place

For example, goods can be delivered two days after the order was received.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for the prompt update.

See i have assigned an activity with work = 100 Hrs and entered normal duration as 5 days, but i see the duration in time tab is 0 day?? How is this possible?

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Another observation - say work for the activity was 40 Hrs, and Calculation key - Mannual, I entered Normal duration = 5 days, and Scheduled the project. Now duration (in date tab) came to 5 days.

Now i confirmed the activity 50%, and then again rescheduled the project, now the Normal duration remained 5 days, but the Duration became 4 days?? Any idea on the reason for this will be really helpfull.

Regards,

Jatinder

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

I think You are entering work for an external processing activity which as per my understanding is not logical as it is an external procurement/activity and it can never follow the concept of work calculation.Please check.

Create a new 'internal processing activity' ->enter a normal duration-> check the same Duratn in Dates tab.

I hope, it will clear your doubt.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

No i am creating an internal activity, but say i normal duration i entered in the INTERNAL TAB as 5 daysm the Duration in Dates tab is also 5 automatically.

Now if i confirm the activbity for 2 Days, system sutomatically updated duration in the date tab to 3 days...?? but normal duration remains same...?? why so..

Regards,

Jatinder