Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables are affected by a single transaction

former_member185257
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to know the table name in which data are changed or added if I modify the data through any single transaction.

If anyone has helpful answer, please share.

Thanks,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SK. NURUJJAMAN,

Please read below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2127707

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

instead of tracing each transaction separately by using ST05 in real-time, you can enable the table access statistics for a period of time and check the statistics afterwards.

Documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/33/0bef3ac5e90a14e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SK. NURUJJAMAN,

I guess you are talking about change documents for particular table.

If yes then you can check the table DBTABLOG for the change documents for particular table.

DBTABLOG is the master table which records all changes made to particular table. But for DBTABLOG to record all the changes audit log should be enable for it (DBTABLOG).

If its enable then only DBTABLOG will record the changes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VARUN.

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DBTABLOG is a very bad implementation to make auditors happy.

You cannot really work well with it.

Change documents for business purposes are usually programmed and stored in CDHDR/CDPOS and the have application dialogs to retrieve data.

DBTABLOG is implemented in the DB-interface layer (the logging flag in SE13), withot any knowlege of what it is doing (It is just technical). I have seen quite a couple of systems suffering because application tables have been logged this way (by flipping SE13) and in zero time, DBTABLOG was several twens of GB and not workable at all anymore.

And for no reason at all you should enable this rotten SE13 flag for ALL tables!!!

NEVER EVER! Your system will stop working very soon.

DBTABLOG is usefull for small tables that get only a couple of changes a month.

For no reason at all, flip this switch for tables that get transactional data.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SQL Trace via ST05 tcode

Regards

Roman