Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Client Generation Settings in NWA - for SUP COLL 4.0

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am configuring the supplier coll 4.0 on 7.3...one of the pre-req is to have the CIM Client Generation Settings for the following Libs

1. sap.com/srm~supadmin/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar
  2. sap.com/tclmwebadminmainframewd/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar
  3. sap.com/tclmwebadminsldwd/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar

Where do you do this in 7.3 version, couldnt find the path in NWA...Earlier versions was done in Visual Admin - SLD Data Supplier

I have already check in NWA SLD Supplier, there is no option to grant permissions to the above libs.

Looks like the help files for SUP COLL are not updated by SAP for 7.3 version.

Any help?

Thanks

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

You need to create SLD client destination in NW 7.3. It works as a CIM client generation settings in

NW 7.0. You can create as:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/3c/8bceb066698341b5696334f57802d4/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vipin

SLD_client is already create and pinged...with it, wow do you grant permissions?

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Please refer the following guide:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-sld
-> "Post-Installation Guide - SLD of SAP NetWaver PI 7.1"

which describes the SLD roles for the SLD_Client destination.

The user in this destination should have SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR role
(LcrInstanceWriterLD).

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipin

I have these roles, but my question is how do you grant permissions to the application in 7.3.

in the earlier version, it used to be done while configuring the SLD data supplier thru the visual admin.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I am not sure how you grant permission to the application through SLD data supplier in the visual admin. please let me know how you do it in visual admin, I will tell you the process in NWA.

Regards,

Vipin

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vipin

This is how you do in visual admin

4. On the Visual Administrator screen, choose Server 0 0_<instance number> Services SLD Data Supplier .

5. Check that the CIM client has permissions for protection domains by choosing CIM Client

Generation Settings Grant CIM Client Generation Permissions to Protection Domains .

6. Find the sap.com/srm~supadmin/webdynpro/public/lib/app.jar file entry and select the

corresponding Grant checkbox.

7. Click CIM Client Test, and then click OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

In NW 7.1 and above this feature is no more available. In NW 7.1 and above SLD service provides every Java application with the option to generate an SLD client for accessing an SLD server. The SLD client is common for all applications that are using it. So this is the only settings that you need to perform in NWA related to SLD.

Regards,

Vipin

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok great..so looks like the CIM grant thing is not required..

Thank Vipin for clarifying it.

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, CIM grant thing is not required in NW 7.1 and above system.

Regards,

Vipin

Answers (0)