cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking of one main Table with other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please advice, the way I can link field details of one main Table with other.

My requirement: I have 02 Main Table having different Data. I need to link two Tables with a Unique field, Which is common on both Tables.

What is the possible way out.

Also, can 02 Main Tables simultaneously used from EP.

if yes, what are the steps.

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit,

PLease go thorugh this link and follow the steps involved :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/Multiple+Main+Tables+and+Import+Manager

Coming to portal part of it,yes this can show you the display fields of other main table from Primary main table.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks for the input and sugestions.

I have checked the link, but could not find useful answer to my query.

My requirement is , i have 02 Main Tables (TableA and TableB, User is working on TableA, while saving i want data of one filed from TableA will get updated in one field of TableB.

Please advice.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit,

You can link two main tables with each other using Lookup[Main] type field.

Create Lookup[Main] type field in one main table and select the field of other main table which you want to link it to. This way you will be able to fulfill your requirement.

But populating the value of one main table based upon the value in second main table would not be possible inside MDM itself because you would not be able to select other main tables fields inside Assignment expression and as well as Assignment field.

So you need to write this logic using Portal itself so that it could fulfill your requirement. Kindly check and let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit,

What is the data type,please give give an example.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasenjit ,

My requirement is , i have 02 Main Tables (TableA and TableB, User is working on TableA, while saving i want data of one filed from TableA will get updated in one field of TableB.

For your above requirement you can use the concept of "Calculated field".

Specify the field in Table B as a Calculated field and in the expression select the field in the Table A .

you should link the 2 main table first .

Let me know if this works out .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy