Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RBPD for Redocumentation

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have used RBPD tools for generating a usage analysis report for my production R/3 system and using the analysis i have created the project for business process and technical documentation (solar01 and solar02). Since SAP standard structure is different from my BPML, i had to modify the Business Scenarios/ Process and Steps to match the BPML.

I have also gone ahead and assigned the Ztrans to the relevant steps, upload the the required documentaionfor BBP, FS and TS, also in solar02, i have attached Test cases, Training materails.

Below are few of my queries:

- We do not have a central SAP functional team, who can get the custmizing and development details in solar02, then how should that be done?can i out source it to a partner. if yes, what is the benefits as they will call for large effort estimates.

- After i have got the project / BP documentation completed, how do i use RBPD to keep my process documentation updates? as SAP claims

Regards

Mahendra K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

1. You can assign individual process owners to business process and they can assign IMG objects in the respective nodes. As your SAP system is already go-live system, i shall suggest you to create a solution based on your project and make changed in the system using the functionality of check in check out, which ensures that there are controlled changed in the solution

2. Once you have assigned Z transactions in the project, you can use that project again and run RBPD with its reference. It will check the transactions executed in the managed system and assign it to the relevant node where it finds a matching transactions, incl Z transactions currently assigned in the project, if any.

Hence for maintaining your existing project you can use solution, use check in check out and whenever you want to update, you can update your solution based on RBPD analysis based on the existing solution

Regards,

Nishu

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

thanks for update! It gave me good understand of the same.

Let you let me know few links for further analysis on re-documentation and checkin/checkout.

Regards

former_member210731
Participant
0 Kudos

Also one query, are your refereing re-executing analysis project to generate another analysis? if yes than how do get it to compare my existing project? not clear on execution.

Regards