cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS data migration sequenceld use/not use cj20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some 4.6 C SAP projects need to migrate to ECC6, we use LSMW. but the t-code in LSMW, we should use cj20N or (cj05(project definition) and cj01(wbs))?

my 300 projects has activities, milestone, network, 5 level WBS, project definition, so what is the sequence of migration and the respective T-code used in LSMW?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Well in your case LSMW/BAPI's are preferred but since you have mentioned that you have received down payment and progressive payment is still to be received. In that case, I totally agree with Ken Melching, it is better to create new projects for the rest of the work to be done and leave the already cost incurred as it is. At the time of capitalization and project closing you can easily migrate and club the cost from different projects with the help of your's FI/CO consultant OR if you want to add up the already incurred cost to your new projects then JV can be passed.

Meanwhile, just look for Transaction code - CNMASS (Just to do the mass changes in project for WBS, Milestones, Activities and many more)

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

for migration of projects, i agree with mahendra that BAPI is better to use.

if you would like to use LSMW, you have to create objects one at a time (separate upload files for project def, wbs, network, activities) and it is quite time consuming.  however i was able to successfully use LSMW but i preferred to use cj01/cj02 since there are less screens to consider.

for migration of partial items (e.g. po with partial GR), only balance should be loaded.  example: original PO is 10 pcs, GR is 6 pcs, then only migrate PO for 4 pcs.  you have the option to create statistical actual costs for the GR amount.  same for confirmation, load only the balance of work to be confirmed.

otherwise, this will get doubled if you load the entire balances.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

Are you doing a technical upgrade from 4.6c to 6.0?  If it is a technical upgrade the projects will already be in the upgraded system.

It sounds like you are doing a reimplementation (starting from scratch).

You will need a separate load step for each PS object.  BAPIs are the most common way to create objects.  If you create BPC's use the older, simpler transactions rather than CJ20N.

You'll need to create:

1.  Project Definitions

2.  WBS elements

3.  Network Headers

4.  Network Activities

you should stop and validate the data load after each step.

Once the project structure are complete you can post confirmatons and financial postings.  You say you have Results Analysis so I am assuming you have run settlement.  You mention half finished POs and projects. 

Migration of partially completed projects are very difficult.  Another approach is to just create new projects for the balance of work to be completed and not have historical data.  Recreating projects that are partially complete and trying to show old financial data requires a custom postings and a deep understanding of financial data. 

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than using LSMW or BDC, you can use BAPIs which are more simple to use and less prone to errors.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean using BAPI for open project migration, it caters my three open project scenario? what's the BAPI you used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can following in sequence.

1) BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE: Create Project Def

2) BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN: For WBS,Networks and Activities. OR only WBS elements

3) BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN: This can also be used for creating network,activities and milestones.

The main advantage of using BAPIs, is that they are very fast and error free(if the data file is correct).

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks,

can the BAPI mentioned above solve below my problem?

I have project with result analysis key, downpayment is already recived, but progressive payment have not been received, how to migrate?

I have some projects with partial activity confirmation, how to migrated?

I have some projects with PO done, partial GR done, how to migrate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above BAPIs serve the purpose to upload the projects and network data.

I think downpayment will be recorded or uploaded using FI transaction upload. You will need to give the customer,amount and WBS to FI consultant who should be able take care of the same.

However for uploading transactional data such as partially confirmed activities, you will need to do the same either using LSMW or BAPI (BAPI_NETWORK_CONF_ADD).

If you see all these are independent business transactions(activity confirmation, PO GR, Downpayment etc.) and each one has different transaction code and if you explore you will get BAPIs for almost for all transactions.(PO creation, GR, Partial Confirmation of network activities).

Regards,

Mahendra

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CJ20n is preferred here.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use CJ20N. This will take care of Project definition, WBS elements and networks also

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

but how to migrate those open projects, say I have project with result analysis key, downpayment is already recived, but progressive payment have not been received, how to migrate?

I have some projects with partial activity confirmation, how to migrated?

I have some projects with PO done, partial GR done, how to migrate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea?