Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when starting DTR Console on NWDI 7.31

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

When starting DTR console from command line on a Windows 2008 OS, im getting the following error

S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console>run

S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console>java -Dhttp.readtimeout=0 -cp S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console\sap.com~tc~dtr~console~all.jar;S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console\sap.com~tc~dtr~cmdlineappfwk~all.jar;S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console\antlr-runtime-3.0.1.jar com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.CommandLineException: Validation of the examples for the command "Discard" failed.

The example "discard -col  -cip/collision/dce6250e4fd911dc81e400199905d653_3_b4c044e04fd511dccef000199905d653_b4c044d84fd511dca33b00199905d653_open_PredSucc" contains a command that is not valid against its specification.

at com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication.registerCommandSpecs(DTRConsoleApplication.java:207)

at com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication.initialize(DTRConsoleApplication.java:156)

at com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication.<init>(DTRConsoleApplication.java:137)

at com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication.main(DTRConsoleApplication.

java:311)

Caused by: com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.CommandLineException: Validation of the examples for the command "Discard" failed.

The example "discard -col -cip /collision/dce6250e4fd911dc81e400199905d653_3_b4c044e04fd511dccef000199905d653_b4c044d84fd511dca33b00199905d653_open_PredSucc" contains a command that is not valid against its specification.

at com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.CommandLineApplication.addCommandLineSpec(CommandLineApplication.java:115)

at com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication.registerCommandSpecs(DTRConsoleApplication.java:204)

... 3 more

Caused by: com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.CommandNotSupportedException: Command 'discard' is not supported

at com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.support.parser.DefaultCommandLineParser.parse(DefaultCommandLineParser.java:57)

at com.sap.dtr.cmdlinefwk.CommandLineApplication.addCommandLineSpec(CommandLineApplication.java:107)

... 4 more

Any idea what is missing? Im seeing the command line its showing S:\usr\sap\NDI\SYS\global\com.sap.dtr.console\antlr-runtime-3.0.1.jar, but this file is not present

Thesefiles are at  OS level

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Astashonok
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody can suggest how to launch this DTR console?

When I try to start it from this SDA i get

What this "\SAP\SAP"can be mean? JAVA_HOME veriable is set properly.

And when I try to set up dtr command client like in this guide Starting Command Line Tools - Using the Development and Production Infrastructure - SAP Library I get the following exception and application start terminated. Debugger shows that exception is connected with org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main

What could you say about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fixed DTR console version is no longer attached to the note 1377679.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the console used to be attached to that note 1377679, but then instructions how to get it moved to the note 1927372 (the console never been attached there). There is a legal issue with distributing executable files via notes, this is why we have removed it.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Ervin,

I have found a link name DI DESIGN TIME REPOSITORY 7.30. We currently use NWDI 7.3 sp7.

I have downloaded the DTR SP07, I have renamed the SCA to '.zip' and extract the content of the contained SDA 'tc~di~cmd_tool~sda'. In this archive a dtr folder can be found.

I have extracted it on file system server set the system variable 'JAVA_HOME'and run the console by starting 'dtr.bat'.

So a window console opened and closed immediately.

I have also tried by opened a dos console run the dtr.bat and the following error occurs :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/tssap/dtr/client/

commandline/DTRClient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have also problem with launching DTR console. I followed this article for enabling it:

Starting Command Line Tools - Using the Development and Production Infrastructure - SAP Library

But when I try to start the console via Run, I receive this error:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_38

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en

Framework arguments:  -application com.sap.di.cltools.dtrshell

Command-line arguments:  -application com.sap.di.cltools.dtrshell -data D:\IDE\IDE7.31SP12\eclipse\workspace/../runtime-New_configuration(2) -dev file:D:/IDE/IDE7.31SP12/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/CBS Command Line Tool/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

Error

Wed Oct 29 15:53:05 EET 2014

Application error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.tssap.dtr.client.commandline.DTRShell.main(DTRShell.java:86)

at com.sap.di.cltools.internal.DtrShell.start(DtrShell.java:32)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

If you have solution to this problem, please give me advice.

Thanks!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Zdravko,

I know that the following note addresses a different topic, but it includes a fixed version of the DTR console.

#1377679 -- DTR Console "replicate command" don't work

Could you please try with this one?

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I'm having the exact same problem and the note mentioned by Ervin doesn't seem to solve it unfortunately. Were you able to solve this?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually with the version from the note I'm getting

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication

Could not find the main class: Console\sap.com~tc~dtr~console~all

i'm running this on Windows and go.bat looks like that:

java -Dhttp.readtimeout=0 -cp %~dp0sap.com~tc~dtr~console~all.jar;%~dp0sap.com~tc~dtr~cmdlineappfwk~all.jar;%~dp0antlr-runtime-3.0.1.jar com.sap.dtr.console.DTRConsoleApplication

Any ideas?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

as far as I remember in another post you said that you resolved this issue.

Could you please share some thoughts on this what you have done?

This might come in handy when others finding this post in future.

Cheers,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HHi Eric

your advice actually did solve my problem I just forgot to make a note in this thread sorry

regards

roy

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Oh, that's great 😉 , thanks letting me know!

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

I know that the following note addresses a different topic, but it includes a fixed version of the DTR console.

#1377679 -- DTR Console "replicate command" don't work

You can download it from the note, then it is ready for use after unzipping the attachment from the note.

Notice also that the "run" script was created for unix, so in order to make it work on windows you have to edit the script and replace the ":" separator by ";".

The version of it does not count, you can normally use any dtr console on any release and sp of NWDI.

Do you face the same problem using this DTR console?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin