cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Data Structure in SD Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to create Key Data Structure (KDS) List for SD Module.

Kindly suggest what are all SD related informations need to mention in list as SD KDS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please refer to below post on FICO KDS:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1151328

I think this will give a fair idea. I also got good understanding about SD KDS from above thread, like SD Enterprise Data  - Sales Org, Dist Chnl, Division, Plant, Company, Partner, Item Category, Schd. Line Cat. etc...

Please add ur inputs, so that i dont miss any.

Pls note that this KDS is for Client who is already on SAP, and this KDS will be a part of Global Template for roll-out entities.

Thanks.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you go through SPRO for SD part? You can also search online for SAP baseline package for SD process. You have mentioned that the client is on SAP, then you must check your client's SAP system and the processes associated with it and not all generic SAP settings.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

This is what my approach at this point of time.

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from SD organizational units you have mentioned, there are few more; e.g.: Shipping point, Sales Office, Sales Group, Sales Area, Storage location, Delivering plant.

this KDS will be a part of Global Template for roll-out entities.

My approach would be as follows:

After creating a list (not waiting till the list is fully complete), I would take each unit and think for the rollout of this unit, what other actions / data maintenance has to be done.

E.g. Creation of a delivering plant

Other actions:

- Assign delivering plant to MMR or CMR

- Creation of Shipping points

etc.

And then check whether the units in the other actions are also in my list.

This exercise would help me create a more comprehensive KDS list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by key data structure?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've also never heard of such thing... Can only guess that maybe it's some local requirement for mapping / legacy data conversion.

Sumitra, what research / analysis have you done yourself before posting on SCN?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

i have never heard about this term .... I have checked the SAP Help portal but haven't got any reference to "Key Data Structure". i suggest that is not sap terminology...

please provide your exact requirements.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions???