cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, i am installing Solution Manager 7.1 under Windows 2008 Server using domain user bdadmin.

During the installation, i am facing the xp_logininfo error. Please find the attachment.

When i see the log then it shows that "Errors when executing sql command: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user".

I changed the sql service login user local system to domain user then restart the service. After that i restarted the installation then the same error came.

Kindly help me to resolve.

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SQL server version you are using?

Use MS SQL server tools to execute master..xp_logininfo 'CHEDISYS-TEST\SAP_DS1_LocalAdmin' and paste errors returned

Regards

Roman

former_member185257
Participant
0 Kudos

Before installation , from Installation Master DVD create the users and proceed your installation once again. 

Thanks,

Nurujjaman

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL server tools while the running mentioned query then it will return the following error log

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'CHEDISYS-TEST\SAP_DS1_LocalAdmin'

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already, i created the user with all access(domain admin + local admin) and started the installation. But, it will the same error.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are not provided full error description. Error description should look like:

"Msg 15404, Level 16, State 19, Procedure xp_logininfo, Line 62

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'domain\user', error code 0x5."

Please provide full error description.

Regards

Roman