SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error FMWA - availablity check for receiver instead of sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While trying to post FMWA budget is checked for receiver instead of sender. And available budget is increased for sending fund center and commitment item instead of reciving fund center and commitment item.

FMWA                  Fund       Fund Center          Commitment Item     Amount

Sender     F1          FC1                         CI1                         10000

Reciver     F1          FC2                         CI1                         10000

When I check report FMAVCR01.

Fund       Fund Center          Commitment Item     Consumable Budget          Consumed Amount       Available Amt

F1          FC1                         CI1                         10000                              -10000                         20000

F1          FC2                         CI1                         10000                               10000                         0

I have checked below link (post) which is similar case, but not sure of suggested solution. Please advice, if i am missing any step in fund transfer process or should i re-check any config step?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1251935

Best Regards

Shekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not get confused by Funds Transfer and Budget Transfer. FMWA is to transfer commited fund from sender to receiver, meaning sender is relieved by x amount of commitment and receiver is charged with the same amount and consequently it results the sender budget relief and receiver budget consumption. If you want move budget, you should use FMBB with process Transfer.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not get confused by Funds Transfer and Budget Transfer. FMWA is to transfer commited fund from sender to receiver, meaning sender is relieved by x amount of commitment and receiver is charged with the same amount and consequently it results the sender budget relief and receiver budget consumption. If you want move budget, you should use FMBB with process Transfer.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, it was helpful

I need one more clarification with regard to Budget Transfer.

We have implemented budget release process.I have a requirement to transfer released budget from one budget address(BA) to another.

With budget transfer process we can transfer from Unreleased budget only. if we have to transfer from FMBB

a) we need to return the released budget from Sender BA

b) Transfer the budget from Sender BA to Reciver BA

c) Release transfered amount for Reciver BA

Is there any other option for budget transfer after we release it?

Best Regards

Shekhar

0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

One option is to define automatic release for return and suppliment. By doing so, you can transfer released budget from one BA to another. The transfer will lead to a return for the sender and suppliment for the receiver.

Regards,

Ming