cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver AS JAVA 7.3 JSPM Support Package Deployment Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have just completed my first installation of SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA 7.3 on Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit / Oracle 11.2 and now need to update it to SP03.

I do not have solution manager installed so I have to do this by installing the individual support packages. I have downloaded all of the SP03 packages into the C:\usr\sap\trans\EPS\in folder.

When I first ran JSPM the following four packages deployed:

SAP JVM

SAP KERNEL

SAPHOSTAGENT

BC-FES--IGS

I then had three packages error and the rest (approximately 25) as not deployed.

When I check the deploy_api.0.log file it starts with the error:

Sep 12, 2012 2:19:02 PM  Error: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001226 Could not establish connection to AS Java on [sourcing:50004]. Cannot authenticate the user. Wrong or missing security credentials (password) for principal [test], or the specified principal has no permissions to perform JNDI related operations.

Searching the forums has indicated that this error is caused by different JVM versions in the C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\j2ee\JSPM\sapjvm folder and the C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\exe\sapjvm_6 folder. Ensuring these folders contain the same JVM files (the latest version 43) has not solved my issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Many thanks

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to update those two components seperatly. I used the following packages:

J2EE engine - LMCORE03P file

LM components - LMCTS03P file

Both of these attempts failed with the following error:

Failed to start [tc~je~webservices~srv], which provides container [webservices_container]

Were those two packages the correct ones to try?

Many thanks

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go to /nwa in the portal. open operation->system->start & Stop

go to java service tab then put sap.com/tc~je~webservices~srv in service component name cloumn to filter it out.

start manually here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Since starting the update process the portal no longer works, I always get a 503   Service Unavailable error when I try to access it. In the SAPMMC tool everything is green and showing as running.

Before the update the portal was working properly.

Thanks

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. then you must deploy following packages  J2EEFRMW and ENGINEAPI SCAs since tc~je~webservices~srv contained in J2EEFRMW SCA. if you can deploy this successfully you can continue to deploy others.

two things to remember:

1. always make full backup of sap directory & backup database before patching ( faster to restore than reinstall)

2. if you are going without stack, avoid deploy all packages at once. go one at a time. the JSPM will notify you once there is dependency between packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you solved the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your help with this.

I can confirm that JVM is at the latest version 43, version 43 is showing in both the C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\j2ee\JSPM\sapjvm folder and the C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\exe\sapjvm_6 folder. The Kernel and JSPM are also updated.

When I check the C:\usr\sap\E1D\J00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2012_09_14_09_45_46\DEPLOYMENT_RESULTS_01 log it is highlighting that the deployments failed because of one of the following two errors:

Item is skipped because of failed deployment of item 'sap.com_tc~lm~operations~content' and because the applied error strategy is OnErrorStop

Or

Failed to start [tc~je~webservices~srv], which provides container [webservices_container]

-> Service [tc~je~webservices~srv] which provides container [webservices_container] failed to start

I am looking into the cause of this, has anyone seen this issue before?

Many thanks

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this SAP Note 1731408. You can try update your J2EE engine.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please try to upgrade LM* components first and try again..

Asha_Pillai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Please check deploy.x.trc file from the work directory. It will be able to provide some clue about this

error.

Regards,

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dan

This is an issue in the SAPJVM that one of the libraries used by the JSPM has a method missing. This method was later added to the SAPJVM library in the latest versions.

Please upgrade the SAP JVM 6.1 to the latest patch level according to SAP note 1133020.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

Tapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this note 1678363 - JSPM fails during the validation phase in NW 7.3

check this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3190920

It will help you.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try update kernel, JVM & JSPM first. its better using solution manager for this rather then manually.