cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fine tune sap profile parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Please provide me the SAP notes so that we can fine tune our sap profile parameter which is based on hardware.

or any calculation behind on it to calculate the value.

Thanks in advance.

ECC 6.0 oracle 10g

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Is there any specific need or drive to tune the parameters ? To start off you can observe the EarlyWatch reports which mentions certain OSS notes to consider for parameter tunings.

Since you mentioned hardware, you also need to consider the Operating System.

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

i refresh our qty system so it takes huge amount of DATA so i want to know how can i calculate the value in current scenario.

or provide us such specific notes so that we can do for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

rz10 mainly tune the application buffer parameter which varies based on system usage. Run your QA system for two weeks with its intended use. check ST02 and adjust the RZ10 accordingly.

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For tuning SAP Parameter the very first thing to look for is the Zero Memory Administration Note(SAP NOTE : 88416), further calculation depends on the OS and DB being used along with the capacity of memory and disk, I would suggest to check once the above described note which will give you sufficient idea for calculation as well.

Also tuning is a continuous process which means you have to give some time after changes done to have proper analysis to move forward.

Regards,

SUJIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the Zero Memory Administration the first thing to look for. It is valid in case of Windows only. We even don't know what OS is in use ?? It is not as if Windows is the 1st choice OS for everyone or majority !!

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Other than SAP parameter, most probably you also need to consider to tune your OS and Oracle parameter. In Oracle, for example can start by following SAP Note 830576 for Oracle 10g.

For SAP parameter tuning you can do from day-to-day monitoring depends on your requirements, such as adding more work process, increase buffer, etc.

Regards,

Yohanes