cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect a LDAP connector under Unix to a VDS or AD under Windows through LDAP SSL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Context of the situation : I have a NW 7.02 installed in a HP-UX server as a standalone ABAP stack and the customer wish to connect this instance to a VDS using LDAP SSL (636 port number).

I configured the LDAP connector from the SAP instance to connect to the VDS but when I try to log on but I always got an error as below  :

ldap_simple_bind_sU() == 91 := failed

From my desktop, using a LDAP admin tool I can connect to the VDS with the same user referenced as "system user" in LDAP transaction.

I try to found elements about the LDAP through SSL when you have an ABAP stack but in SCN or in the SAP notes, it seems there are mainly references when you have a JAVA stack or a SAP IdM in the landscape.

Followings some other notes, it seems it is not possible to configure the LDAP connector through SSL when you are under Unix.

Could you tell if it is possible to connect a LDAP connector under Unix to a VDS or AD under Windows through LDAP SSL in a context similar to the one described above?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I am facing same error 'ldap_simple_bind_sU() == 91 := failed' while connecting SAP GRC system to Active directory through LDAP.

Do you remember how this error was resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Megha Trivedi