cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options in SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

which option i will select in SGEN & which client ,after applied all the SAP support packages.

near about 18 SP i have imported.

SGEN screen shot attached as your referenced.

ECC 6.0 oracle 10G on Linux

Regards,

vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You have to select Regenerate Existing Loads. You can find some more help in below link

If you want you switch on/off the oracle logs. You have updated 18 SP it will take some time to complete. Better to check the space (DBACOCPIT) in datafiles.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/b1/52583c65399965e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Pavan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SGEN is a time consuming task. do not expect it to finish fast if you have limited resource in your system. Pick a suitable time to apply SP so you have enough time to sgen afterward.

Based on your pick and comment, I guessed you have run with all components option and stop it middle way. if this is true, I suggest continue with the rest.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will try second option first, If that does not work then go for first one...

For first option: You can create RFC Server Groups through TCode RZ12 and use it for load generation. This will speedup your process if you use all available resources.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can choose the first option and continue to select all the components, this way you will not miss anything.

Thanks,

Samik

Former Member
0 Kudos

it very time taking process.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you have manually cancelled the load generation previously or the job got terminated and there are still objects for which the loads are yet to be generated. Did you start the SGEN after applying the support package?

If yes ,just select the option which is coming by default."Regenerate the objects of the last run" and move ahead.

If no, select the first option .

Increase the number of dialog workprocess temporarily if you have sufficient resources and select all the application servers if you have in the subsequent screens.

Regards

Ratnajit