Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation in terms of material

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was created a characterestic in CT04 with no value in value tab and create one MIC by using this charecterestic.

Now i want know if I use this MIC for material A system should evaluate by a value of 0 to 10

and for another material B system should evaluate by a value of 0 to 20

so in genaral i want system to evaluate the inpection value in terms of material rather class charct.

Is it posbbile in std way

or any other solution is available

Reagrds

Abu Fathima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create 2 Inspection Plan for material A & material B.

Assign your MIC (density) in Inspection Plan of material A.

& for 2nd Inspection plan of material B, you can assign same MIC (density).

In 2nd Inspection Plan go to Operation ->Inspection Characteristic -> Select chara. line & click on Dependent Characteristic specs.-> Click on + (Insert Assignment) & feel the value i.e. lower specification limit & Upper speci. limit

Save the Inspection Plan.

This will help you....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abu Fatima

How can you use the MIC to the material? Or do you mean to assign this MIC as batch characteristic?

You can assign class characteristic to the material in classification but not the MIC. Values can flow through the MIC to characteristic, where you can create a separate quality plan for the material A & B with separate control indicators & separate values as you wish.

Please clarify your requirement.

Thanks

Sachin

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Sachin tanks for the reply

I am searching a solution for a scenario like below...

I have one quality parameter called density and there two material which need to inspect say A and B

if i use density for material A my valuation value should be 0 to 10 and for material B is 20 to 30,how we can achive this by creating only one MIC and one class characteristic

I know this can be done easily two density mic and characteristic by two different values, so i am searching some other solution so i can minimize by class charct and mic in the system

Hope u understand my queries

Abu Fathima