Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 levels nested context and supply functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following.

Context Structure:

NodeA     = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  non-singleton               Shown in an ALV table

NodeB     = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton        using supply function  Shown in a Listitembox

Node1 = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton        using supply function Shown in an ALV table

Node2 = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton         using supply function Shown in an ALV table

Node3 = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton         using supply function Shown in an ALV table

node4 = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton          using supply function Shown in an ALV table

node5 = cardinality = 0..n selection = 0..1 Init leadselection = X  singleton          using supply function Shown in an ALV table

My problem is that the supply functions are only triggered for NodeB, changing this node to a non-singleton does not seem to make a difference. The supply functions of Node1 to Node5 are never triggered.

I have seen deep-nested context structure with supply functions using a tree ui element but i cannot find any example or docs about context with more than 2 levels using supply functions and showing them in several alv tables. I do not see why the ui element being used would make a difference...

I'm able to build the context manually and use event handlers when selecting a different row to update the other subnodes. But it's a lot of code that is not really needed if i can use supply functions instead.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nayan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Monk,

Inside the supply function of NodeB try to INVALIDATE all the Nodes i.e from Node1 to Node5

you can do this by by getting a reference of each nodes IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE calling INVALIDATE method

Regards,

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyan,

Sorry for the late reply, i have been working on other projects and forgot about this.

I don't think i can invalidate since the nodes are empty "i think this would trigger run-time error?" . I also fail to see the purpose of invalidating empty nodes?

I made some tests yesterday and it seems that the issue "whatever it may be" is with the ALV component and not with how the context is set-up.

I created some simple apps with deep nested context and different ui elements "List box. standard table" and only the ALV tables are showing this behavior "Not triggering the supply functions of lower level nodes'.

Now i know where the problem lies but not what the problem is...

Thanks