cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 Java Idoc Adapter SQL Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to the PI 7.3 single stack and tried to recreate a SOAP request to Idoc scenario similarly

to what I had done in 7.1, but receive the following error:

IDoc: SQLException before sending : com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Failed to set the parameter 8 of the statement >>INSERT INTO XI_IDOC_OUT_MSG ( IDOC_NUMBER , XI_MSG_NO , REF_NUMBER , ORIGINAL_IDOC_NO , IN_TIME , MESSAGING_TYPE , IDOC_TYPE , CIM_TYPE , SEND_PORT , SEND_PRTNR_NO , SEND_PRTNR_TYPE , CLIENT , STATUS , CONTROL_RECORD , CHANNEL_ID , ACK_NEEDED , ACK_RECEIVED , ARCHIVE ) values ( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,? ) <<: Cannot assign an empty string to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR<<.

I am using a custom IDoc and do not have a value to populate CIM_TYPE.  The IDoc adapter is set up

to use the control records and sender information from the payload.  Has anyone seen this issue before

or know what I have set up wrong?

Thanks,

Jesse H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jesse,

Check if you have the fixes in the note #1688780 IDoc AAE Adapter fails to insert empty strings in database.

Regards

Mark

nipun_shedhani4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

Since you are not having any value to the field, Disable the same field in Mapping and try testing again.

Regards,

Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipon,

Thanks for your reply.  I receive the error whether I map a blank space or nothing at all.

Thanks,

Jesse H