cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME services are failing upon restart in NetWeaver CE 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My J2EE was running fine untill when I ran out of disk space. when I restart the server after increasing the space I keep getting my  start of UME service failed  check help topic. Not sure if something else is haging up and which is causing not to start the UME server. Here is the exception I'm seeing in the default trace file any help is appreciated. I'm using SAP NetWeaver CE 7.2

com.sap.ASJ.krn_srv.000069#BC-JAS-SEC-UME#sap.com/com.sap.security.core.ume.service#005056990007000A0000000A00000340#5619450000001448##com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner#####22b2e180fc2a11e18841005056990007##0#Service Runner [com.sap.security.core.ume.service]#Plain##

Service [{0}] error. Nested exception is: [{1}]

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help topic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: No connection to the ldap server: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:465)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startFrame(ServiceRunner.java:160)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startService(ServiceRunner.java:113)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:73)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:165)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:295)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: No connection to the ldap server: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:653)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getNewInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:228)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:170)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:240)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:157)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:103)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:206)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:317)

... 7 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: No connection to the ldap server: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPPersistence.init(LDAPPersistence.java:414)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:538)

... 14 more

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPConnectionManager.initConnectionPools(LDAPConnectionManager.java:765)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPConnectionManager.initialize(LDAPConnectionManager.java:83)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPPersistence.init(LDAPPersistence.java:402)

... 15 more

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPDataSourceConnectionPool$ServerNotAvailableException: No connection to the ldap server: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPDataSourceConnectionPool.newConnection(LDAPDataSourceConnectionPool.java:982)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPDataSourceConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPDataSourceConnectionPool.java:424)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.LDAPConnectionManager.initConnectionPools(LDAPConnectionManager.java:689)

... 17 more

Thanks.

Joe.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Hope you are doing good.

The error "LDAP: error code 32" is a common LDAP issue. An LDAP server adapter is set up, but the data is not being synchronized. This is sent to Java Engine from the ADS after it tries to

make a simple bind using the standard LDAP protocol. The error means that with the given information, no connection to the LDAP is possible, because the LDAP says: You have no rights to access this location.

This issue needs to be checked from the LDAP end only as either the user maser data needs to be created in the LDAP, or the processes that use this data should be amended. There is no other workaround from the java server end.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks this has been resolved appreciate all the valid answers.

Thanks,

Joe.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No connection to the ldap server: [LDAP: error code 32 - NDS error: no such entry (-601)]

looks like UME cant connect to the LDAP anymore..check the LDAP settings /connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

These are the same settings I had before the server crashed due to space issues. nothing is changed on these LDAP settings.

Thanks,

Joe.P