Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC x APO Production Strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We got the following issue to solve:

My company works with MTO scenario, BUT without customer individual requirements, which means, without “tie” sales order with the planned order generated.

Talking about SAP strategies, this is the strategy 63 behavior in ECC, different than 60 that works with individual requirements.

Our requirement is: reproduce ECC strategy 63 in APO.

APO has different strategies numbers compare to ECC

ECC        APO

10           10

40           20

50           30

60           40

But nothing related to 63.

Did someone already face an issue like this one?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bruno,

My company works with MTO scenario, BUT without customer individual requirements, which means, without “tie” sales order with the planned order generated

I don't know that I would call this 'MTO'.  In SAP terms, MTO MRP elements always exist in the 'customer' segment (all supply elements are linked directly to the Sales order item).  Just because you wait for a Sales order to begin your FGs manufacturing does not mean the product is MTO. 

Strategy 63 should be duplicatable in APO.  The APO demand strategy is 40, just like for 60, which means that consumption takes place against the Planning Material instead of against the individual FGs materials.  Finished goods is managed against the generic plant segment.  Planned orders for the Planning Material have a BOM which explodes dependent requirements, but they are normally not convertible.

Have you tried this?  What problems are you having?

Best Regards,

DB49