Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding AMC contract in SD-CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Client requirement for AMC contract is as below:-

Customer takes up an AMC contract with our client once their warranty period for the machine is over.

The AMC will be valid for services to be offered on the machine sold to the customer for 365 days from the date of signing the contract.

Under this AMC the customer is entitled to avail only services and preventive maintenance check up services on the machine as mentioned in the contract document, for upto 100 hours(service hours) or for maximum of 20 visits or up-to 365 days from the date of signing the contract document by the company and the customer whichever occurs earlier.

I have created a contract type ZWV for AMC contract sales doc type.

And a material as AMC

The charges for AMC for 1 years is Rs 25000

My issue is when i create a contract through VA41 and enter the sold to party/ contract start contract end date/

then i will be giving the material as AMC in the line item and i have to give a target quantity

here what should i give like 20 visits or quantity should be 1 i want to know how will we maintain the contract based on the criteria 100 hours/ 20 visits or 365 days whichever is earlier.

because any one of which occurs earlier the contact ends there. so how do i track the 20 visits/100 hours n 365 days.

Please advice on how this scenario can be configured.

Regards

Sachin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You can use classification in service contract item to record number of visits/service hours covered under the contract and then use enhancement in RRB to start billing services once either of these conditions is reached (assuming you are using service order with reference to contract).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaditya,

Thanks for the reply, Yes I am using service order, and i have tried a cycle by creating a service order doing PM confirmation and the technically completing the service order by maintaining the settlement rule SD1 and gave the contract number in the settlement receiver and that time i am able to settle the service against the contract.

Till this step is my process fine? now my worry is to configure the above scenario i explained, can u explain me in detail/ because i could'nt find the classification tab, by saying service contract item what do u refer? my item category in contract?

0 Kudos

Yes your process is correct.

You need to use classification on the material master you are using for contract item. Once you have maintained characteristics values in contract you can fetch those from enhancement in DP90 for service order billing.