Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Planning: BIBE Result Interface: Error in WS CLient Proxy Framework

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys...

yet another nice complicated issue within FI-TV, who would've guessed?...

System Information:

SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 4 SP 51 Stack 11.

Some background Information regarding the process:

This is how the process is supposed to work.

• WDA Travel Planning is opened
  • Navigation to the Rail order WDYN, BIBE Portal is accessed since it is defined in Customizing to be called when this button is accessed.
  • Booking etc. is done. Everything done here is recorded by BIBE and put aside as XML-Stream in form of a webservice waiting to be "caught" or rather consumed by the calling application.
  • Clicking on "Accept" within the WDA Planning, this triggers the Outbound Interface RailOrderDetailsQueryResponse_Out via SLDAPI connection of our PI System.
  • Information from BIBE are retrieved by this PI Interface and further processed in our ERP System.

Scenario/Issue:

We are in the process of implementing the external booking engine of the German Rail (Deutsche Bundesbahn) "BIBE" into our FI-TV component. Customizing settings and credentials are set in IMG and we are able to access the BIBE-Portal via standard WDA scenario Travel Planning (WDYN Comp FITP_TRAIN at this point within the application runtime). After doing some booking and fooling around in the BIBE test environment we click on the FPM button "accept" (navigate forward). We then receive the folowing error:

As configuration guide, we used the official one over here: https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000068016

What I found out so far:

I debugged way down into the generic Proxy Framework classes and found the point where it crashes:

At this point I'm also having problems understanding this. There's a downcast issued on another object which, in my opinion, has to inevitably fail, because both, the referenced object and the one to be casted have no relation to each other whatsoever.... Then again, maybe the contents of these objects are so generic, that I can't determine whether this is the actual root cause in my use case or whether the root cause lies somewhere earlier "forming" these objects in a way the casting fails (because my use case is always the same, naturally). Either way, I'm stuck here; I don't know what I can do to rectify this error or where it actually originates from, I'm at the bottom of my analysis possibilities too.

Can anybody help me here? I'm grateful for any help, any shot in the dark.

Seeing how much trouble we have with this topic really makes me think we are the very first ones using this BIBE interface provided by SAP....

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt --> Attached Callstack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to solve it with help from PI guys. The Web Service that was tried to be consumed was not SOAP-conform and crashed with "no SOAP envelope found".

Although this is fixed now, there is, of course, the next error already waiting to be solved, but I'll open another post for that to keep things tidy...

schneira
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same or a similar problem with our BIBE communication.

Could you please describe your solution in short?

Thanks,

Ralf Schneider

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

the target Webservice URL in our PI was wrong, i.e. it had the extension "?WSDL" at the end which is, as a funny fact, described like this in the official documentation. However, this is wrong. The target webservice URL must not have "?WSDL" at the end. This was the error if I remember correctly.

You might want to google for my other threads about BIBE on the forums here as well, because there were two issues I solved with collaboration with the SAP Support and there were two SAP-Notes published; without them the BIBE interface won't work at all (maybe you already have them in your SPs, though).

By the way, congratulations on probably being the second customer world-wide ever to use the 'Standard' BIBE-Interface from SAP. (yes there is sarcasm in it, but I'm afraid I'm 100% right about this...).

Cheers, Lukas

schneira
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Best Thanks for your really quick reply 🙂

I will have a look on your hints.

Really the second customer  .... Looks like a success story 😉

Best regards, Ralf Schneider

Answers (0)