Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate BOM 2 is required in production order

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have two alternate BOM for one vehicle , alternate BOM 1 and alternate BOM 2. When i create production order for that vehicle it take the alterante BOM 1 by default, but i want to create this production order with alternate BOM 2. Please guide how it is possible.

Regards

Parkash Chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to MM02 >> MRP 4 (tab) >> make Selection method    =  1

Go to OS32 >> Enter material, plant, BOM usage, date (some time before basic start date) , Alt BOM = 2

Save it.

Create production order and go to your master data tab.

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jeevan

I Have updated data as per you, but now when i create production order with CO01, the belw error message show.

The (internal) unit 001 has not been maintained in the unit table

Message no. BM312

Diagnosis

No unit is maintained with the key 001.

Procedure

Please maintain the appropriate unit with the Measurement unit maintenance transaction.

Regards

Parkash Chand

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check your unit of measure setting in CUNI for 001. Or correct the unit of measure in material master and BOM if it used.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please check in t-code CUNI whether your unit of measure is there or not.

Regards,

Prd_87

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra/Rupesh

This material uom is ea and it is there in table. Earlier i have create production order with that item code.

Regards

Parkash

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check UoM define in work center HR or any alternative UoM is there.

Also check routing UoM .

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member223868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes uom of bom component item was not exist in table. Now i am able to select the alaternate BOM with only two simple steps. Suggested by Jeevan S. Thanks Jeevan S

Go to MM02 >> MRP 4 (tab) >> make Selection method    =  1

Go to OS32 >> Enter material, plant, BOM usage, date (some time before basic start date) , Alt BOM = 2

Now please clear me can i select this alternate BOM at the time of  roughting and cost run also.

Regards

Parkash Chand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Yes you can but you need to create new production order & test.

otherwise if your order is not confirm then do read PP master data.

Regards,

prd_87

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash Chand,

To select the Aletrnative BOM in production order, as per my idea no need to create the proudtction version to select the alterantive BOM, you can carry following steps :

1) Create the Alternative Routing w.r.to Alternative BOM 2

2) Do the configuration settings in OPL8 for routing slection in Planning Tab , as given below screen:

shot:

3) When you are converting from planned order, creating the production order manually  the system will ask you to select the Routing Group number/group counter number,

4) Select the appropriate Routing group/group counter and go a head for other production order details and save the screen.

I think the above given procedure will give you the facility to select the altaernative BOM2 for your Vehical production.

Please check and revert back.

Thanks,

Raj.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Best way is to maintain production version and select the appropriate version during order creation as explained by others above.

Regards,

Sharat

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Parkash,

Without Maintaining any Production Version

1.In case if both the alternative BOM is valid for the same validity date and lot size, then always the

system will pick the first alternative BOM,if both the alternative BOM's status is kept as 01-active

during manual production order creation.

2.Now in case if you want the second alternative to be picked during production order creation,then

you can set the status of the first alternative BOM as 2 in the BOM header of the first alternative

BOM.

With maintaining the production version

1.Set the BOM selection method as 2 in the MRP4 view of the material master.

2.Now create 2 different production versions by assigning the first alternative BOM to the

first version and the second alternative BOM to the second production version for the same

validity date/Lot size.

3.Ensure in OPL8 for the order type and plant combination the production version selection

is kept as manual.

4.Now create production order and check the impact.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be some defining Parameter for seleting between two Alternative BOMs. It may be Lot size or validity etc.

You can define your Lot size in the BOM Header for these alternative BOMs as to which BOM should get picked up during MRP.

If you are trying for Production Order, it will be good if you maintain Production Version for these two alternative BOMs:

1. PV0001- for Alternative 1

2. PV0002 for Alternative 2

Maintain these PV in Material Master MRP4 view or use C223.

Maintain in OPL8 (planning tab) either as Manual Selection of Production version or Automatic selection of Production version. For Automatic Selection of Production version by the system, you must properly define the validity date of the Production versions and the Lot size else the system will always pick up the first one.

Manual Selection will give you option to select the production version in Production Order

Hope this helps

Regards,

Bhaskar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if 2 PV with same valid dates range  are available, the one with lower number will be defaulted, (e.g if your PV 001 and 002 are valid then 001 will be defaulted. you will get the BOM included in this PV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Request you to maintain production versions in MRP 4 view of material master of vehicle part, with proper details & alternate BOM. Also selection method for BOM explosion by production version.

Further by referring TC- OPL8 set selection of production version by manually.

Now the system will ask you for production version while creating production order.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Mohsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Please post your requirement in Production Planning Discussion forum.As the issue is related to PP.

After maintaining the alternative BOM in production version,

Option1: you can call this version n the order with lot size ranges if you want. Example PV1 if lot size between range 1 to 1000 and PV2 between range 1001 to 2000 etc. This is one option.

Option2: If you do not maintain lot size ranges then by default the PV1 gets copied into the order. After that you go to Functions > Read PP Master data and change the production version.

Also maintain Production version selection in OPL8 and material master

Hope this helps

regards