cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply SP'19 to MI 2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently installed MI 2.5 (MI Web Console 2.5 SP 09 Patch 00). We would like to apply latest patch level before starting any custom developments.

Is there any way to find how to apply patches to MI from SP09 to SP19.

My doubt is, is it similar way applying patches using SPAM or have to apply any other method. I am not sure.

Please enlighten me in this issue.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer

I understand that you want to upgrade the MI Web Console form SP09 to SP19. If this is what you need, then you need to use the Software Deployment Manager(SDM) tool to upgrade the webconsole and not the SPAM. Any componet that resides and is already deployed on your J2EE Engine should be upgraded only by using the SDM. The SDM is available by default in your J2EE Engine. Refer to note 656711 which describes the procedure to deploy components on your J2EE Engine using SDM tool. Since you are upgrading the web console to SP19, request you to upgrde directly to SP19 Patch 01 which contains additional fixes. For this please refer to note 1024283.

Also if your upgrading to SP19 on the client and if you are using MI Sync Servlet for synchronization, then it is also mandatory to upgrade the MI Sync Servlet. The procedure to upgrade the Sync Servlet is same as Web Console. Refer to note 1023683 for the latest patch on MI Sync Servlet.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

I am assuming you are talking about upgrading the MI middleware, You can upgrade the Middleware using the SPAM, Please also refer to the note 977479 which is the Composite note for SP19.

For the client it is easier. You can just setup new devices with the SP19 complete install. You can get this in the service market place.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Best Regards,

Karthik