cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to SQL error: Column does not exist in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there experts,

I've read all the post on this and I cannot find a solution... The thing is that the SQL guy added 4 new fields at a table that I'm already updating from XI. I've tried to put in capital letters those fields (which I know it would not solve my problem since it's not case sensitive as I've been updating this table until now) with no succes. Also I've tried making a dummy change at the JDBC adapter with again no succes.

From the SAP side it all seems correct, but SQL keeps on saying that columns don't exist. I've unmapped those fields and the update is working. The SQL guy says the database does not need to refresh nothing, and I tend to believe him since I'm seeing those fields at that table via MS SQL Manager Studio.

Does anyone faced this before? any kind advice?

Thanx a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the field names including data type .  Once changes done reactivate the receiver communication channel .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragan,

I've set the field names exactly as the working fields are set with no success but I've reactivated the receiver com channel and ta dah! IT WORKS.

thanks a lot for sharing your expertice!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check note #831162  FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 JDBC Adapter - Question 30. Recommendation in designing the XML format while processing the message in the Receiver Side JDBC adapter.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for that, I'll have a look at that note... But think that the interface it's already updating that table, in fact if I change the mapping to not populate those fields in the message I'm sending to SQL, it works perfectly.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Could you please check the datatype is made to "NVARCHAR" or "VARCHAR". reason being if it is NVARCHAR the data should be passed through quotes.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

the datatype is made to VARCHAR and also DATE, INT and more data formats, thanks for that thought!

thanxs Naveen!