cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API requestor and provider GUIDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!! im using service definition ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API

I need to create from 3rd party service desk, an incident in Solman.

So Requestor here is 3rd party system e.g. SOAPui ver. 4.5.1

and Provider is Solman.

There is Function RequestSystemGuid it returns GUID of the system. If i launch this request from SOAPui(requestor) it returns systemguid XXX and this guid = SOLMAN guid( checked in my solman table ICT_SYSGUID.

But How i can get SOAPui's GUID??? In my example SOAPui are not connected to solman directly, so in SOLMAN there is no information about SOAPui and i don't need it!

So now i can't get ( SOAPui ) Requestor's GUID...

Is it mandatory to connect system to solman and then take GUID from table ICT_SYSGUID or where else i can get it ??? help plz.

Regards Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

I was reading your discussion about the 3rd party interface for creating a Incident message in Solution manager, did you succeed with the integration.

I am in process of integrating BMC remedy with SolMan, could you please help me with document of how to configure with webservice, I am struck with the API.

Regards,

Dillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dillip.

Yes we have done and now using HPSM - Solman integration.

But because of money reasons. There is standard adapter between HPSM and SM, that costs money.

So i have ABAPED custom web-service from SM and HPSM team have coded there custom web-service.

But, anyway say where you are stuck i try to help...

Cheers

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

Thanks a lot for replying,

I am doing a one way sync of ticket from Remedy to Solution Manager, and have figured out about the forms and webservice modification at remedy.

While configuring the Consumer proxy CO_PCICT_SERVICE_DESK_API in solution manager for Remedy , do I have to upload the remedy WSDL or the Solution manager ICT webservice WSDL file.

Also it would help if you could let me know how to implement RequestSystemGuid at remedy side.

Regards,

Dillip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar,

did you solve this?

I'd like to test the soap request in soap ui and i'm facing the same questions.

thanks

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

SOAP UI only ables to test via SOAP -> SOLMAN but not vise versa.

And the SOAP version I used for testing was only client side.

Don't know is there server version of SOAP is also free and available for this.

But try to check it

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar, thanks for replying so fast. How did you solve this integration in the end? did you implement the logic of the webservice interface on 3rd party side, too?

I was now able to get a little further with my soap ui tests.

I forgot to create a third party system in transaction:  ICTCONF.

As an answer to your question for testing vise versa you may use Mock-Service testing in SOAP UI?

rgards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Yes I used WebService like this:

1. Created Webservice in SOAMANAGER, I tooked FM that creates Incident in Solman
  2. Generated XML.
  3. Opened this XML in SOAP UI, passed parameters
  4. And it worked

Thanks for info! I will definatly use Mock-Service testing, here just one moment is that you need to register this server in Solman.

Please feedback if you test success with Mock-Service

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

Now I've faced the same issue as you. I'm trying to create incident in solman through SaopUI.

I have got GUID through RequestSystemGUID (as far as I understand I should use it as ProviderGUID).

But I don't understand where I can get RequesterGUID.

I see that you solved this but I don't understand how ))

Could you please explain it to me in more details.

BR

Dmitriy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Now I've faced the same issue as you. I'm trying to create incident in solman through SaopUI.

I have got GUID through RequestSystemGUID (as far as I understand I should use it as ProviderGUID).

But I don't understand where I can get RequesterGUID.

I see that you solved this but I don't understand how ))

Could you please explain it to me in more details.

BR

Dmitriy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy,

1. Generate mock Service

2. Start the mock service

3. Have a look in your browser under the ip where the mock service runs to check wether the service is running.

4. Open SOAMANAGER and the customer Proxy and maintain a new logical Port. Our SOAP ui will be the consumer of the webservice:

5. you need one entry in TA: ICTCONF.

please check on that.

6. if you get problems with request / responses in soap ui check on the parameter "Response compression" under HTTP Settings.

i think this is all, i stopped my investigation on this, but will continue soon. If i forgot something let me know, otherwise i will do in the near future.

if you only want to create incidents have a look to another webservice interface:

AGS_SD_GDAPI_WS_DEF - package: AGS_SD_GDAPI

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000674062012E.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitriy and Sven,

Sven good job so far, when you continue I recommend to start from registreation SOAP in Solman as Non-sap system, ask Basis team.

Rg Dan.

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I know this has been quite sometime, I am just looking for some help.

I am in process of integrating BMC remedy with SolMan, could you please help me with document of how to configure with webservice.

I am just looking at a unidirectional integration BMC->SolMan , I read the API and understood the tags in the webservice, what I am stuck at is

what configuration is needed at BMC remedy side ?

Were do I configure the webservice for Remedy and Solution Manager communication?

What would be the WSDL file ? Will it have only the tags for Solution manager webservice since I am creating ticket from Remedy?

Appreciate your help in this please.

Regards,

Dillip

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Already checked this docu many times, but still can't understand how this service works from 3rd party side as provider, And i want to listen someone who implemented this scenario for both sides Solman <-> 3rd party system

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you seen this doc, it gives the steps for how to get the requestsystemGUID

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3eeb4a8-0b01-0010-bd99-f4a700...

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did! and here what i see:

7.1 RequestSystemGuid

7.1.1 Description

Provides a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) that uniquely identifies a (help desk) system. This ID is used within

the incident exchange to provide the information which service desk is playing which role (requester or

provider).

Now i have a question how it works? e.g. if i launch this fm in Solman systemguid will be Solman's GUID?

And if i run it in SOAPui then it shows SOAPui's GUID?

If so why then there are indetical?

Where i can get External system's GUID?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

Soapui cannot be acting like 3rd party only one-side test, from Soapui -> Solman...

To work both sides i assume that 3rd party system must be registered in Solman, to get GUID of this system.

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any Who done this before???

How ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API service are implemented on 3rd party SD side, in case when 3rd party Service Desk is a PROVIDER not requestor.

Regards Dan