Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a company code in a company?

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After configuring 1 company and 2 company codes through enterprise user, when I go back to the company configuration to add the company codes to company, it does not show the company codes section with Add button.

I can see these sections in the company configuration :

• General Info
  • Other Info
  • Tech Support Info
  • E-mail Addresses
  • Terms of Agreement
  • Change History

Here, company codes section is missing. How to add that?

Do I need to do some configuration to enable addition of company codes to a company?

I am referring to Sourcing 7.0

Please guide.

Thanks.

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

In Sourcing 7.0, Company Code is a separate object. It’s no longer under the Company. To create Company Codes, you would have to go to setup page > Master Data tab > Company Codes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Vikram,

As you have mentioned, we have created 'Company' and 'Company Code' as separate objects through master data configuration.

Now to link the Company and Company code, what should be done?

Thanks.

Tejas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

could you please explain what you would like to accomplish?

The field company code was created in regards for the integration with SAP ERP MM, but in MM only company codes are used, but no company (even if an object company does exist in ERP). As there is not direct relation in ERP between company and company code we do not have this relation in Sourcing.

best regards

Markus

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we have a live system in one of client's company (say organization A) and we are implementing a similar sourcing system in a sister company(say organization B)  on a separate instance(server).

I have attached the Company configuration screenshot(screenshot A) from already live company (organization A). Here you can see company codes attached to the company.

The similar configuration we are trying to achieve in organization B but as I mentioned above, I am not able to see company codes section is company configuration.(screenshot B).

Screenshot A :

Screenshot B

Please guide.

Thanks.

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

I verified it with different release but showing a company code table in the object company is not standard (Sourcing 7.0 or 9.0). But I believe it should be possible via page customization. When you go into the Setup tab System Setup at the very end you find WYSIWYG Page Customization including the object company. When you create an extension referencing to the object company code it should be possible to get the company codes as part of a company. I would guess that you have a sub context which could be the reason why one company includes the table company code and other does not.

best regards

Markus

tejasjani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus.

Answers (0)